Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 gmc canyon duramax
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking at the stock manifold makes me wonder how much of a gain you would get hp/tq maybe even mpg. Pretty good gains on the 5.9 cummins(yes I know completely different).

3rd Gen Steed Speed Manifold Testing - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum

Maybe if we get enough guys on board we can whip something up with a fabricator, just wanted your thoughts.

·
Registered
2017 gmc canyon duramax
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have found that the biggest difficulty going from an 05 LLY to a 17 LWN is it's too NEW!

·
Registered
944 Posts
I've seen a video on YouTube from. Thai I believe where they put on a Ned exhaust manifold and turbo back exhaust. I tried to find the parts on their site but didn't see them. Although I can't read their language so that doesn't help lol.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
What a manifold would do is open up a world of quality and affordable turbo options up to you. That's where the big improvements would come from.

I know we have a member that has been building one for some time but has yet to post results. Tuning can make or break this sort of thing.

I know one of the guys tuning the twin kits told me about how cool they wee running on twins when I told him he needed to retard the timing a lot due to heat. He didn't get that the extra Oxygen in the cylinder causes a faster rise in cylinder temps and a quicker light off and burn, which auto advances the timing and dramatically increases cylinder pressures. That's why the compound kits throw rods. Tuning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.