Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
But what about if i do not have the subscription and am way out somewhere and get stuck? Can i simply press the OnStar button and say "I'd like to renew my subscription, please. Now get someone out here!" LOL :)

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
But what about if i do not have the subscription and am way out somewhere and get stuck? Can i simply press the OnStar button and say "I'd like to renew my subscription, please. Now get someone out here!" LOL :)
I don't think so, and to be clear I was only talking about the AT&T data, not an Onstar subscription. Whether you could use the button to sign up for AT&T is unclear. I was planning on just signing up before I go on trips.

·
Registered
180 Posts
In addition to my Colorado, OnStar is active on our Equinox and Sonic. My daughter is still in the free trial period with her Chevy Trax, but says she will not renew it once it’s over. Although they applied a multi car discount, the savings is minimal. OnStar does come in handy when traveling for sure. I have also utilized the SOS button a handful of times to assist others in need..auto accidents etc..

·
Registered
727 Posts
Well, after having quite a few years (over four vehicles) of OnStar service and using it only a handful of times, I decided to finally cancel it and save myself $40 a month on the two cars that were active until today... Ironically, I feel a little richer, otherwise the same...

·
Registered
767 Posts
Had a friend that had his truck stolen, called On Star and they shut it down then gave the police it's location. I might have to rephrase that....They may have just slowed it to 10 mph but he was happier than a pig in mud!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Has anyone heard of a twin being stolen (that didn't have the keys left inside)? Seems most of the trucks being stolen in my area are the 3/4 and one tons, most being taken to Mexico, go figure...

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you have State Farm Insurance and I am sure others have similar offerings, the discount they give for being a safe driver and connecting onstar to your state farm account to monitor that is about $3 less than Onstar costs. So for around $3 a month it is worth it to me.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts
About this Discussion
66 Replies
46 Participants
timlitw
Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
ColoradoFans.com is the best forum for the Chevy Colorado community to discuss the truck’s reliability, diesel or transmissions problems and more.
Full Forum Listing