Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had the onstar/gm app on my phone, but recently had to reset my cell phone and re-download my apps. I know before, I was able to log into the app solely using my nip, now it only asks for my full email and password associated with my account. Anyone know how I can revert to the nip login?
Couldn't find anything on the net, and onstar themselves was no help.

Or does everyone only have the user name + password option now?

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Which app are you using?

I’m using the MyChevrolet app and it has fingerprint login.

I thought they were phasing out the onstar app.

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
... I was able to log into the app solely using my nip, ..... Anyone know how I can revert to the nip login?
wtf? Does the new iphone use nipples instead of fingerprints now?? What will 'they' think of next??

:grin2:

·
Registered
456 Posts
wtf? Does the new iphone use nipples instead of fingerprints now?? What will 'they' think of next??

:grin2:
I am so glad that I am not the only guy here that went to nipples at the first sight of NIP. I just picture an overweight hairy guy(Which is me) pressing his iPhone to a nipple while looking at you seductively.

As for the OP's question. On the iPhone go into settings> Touch ID & Passcode> Type in passcode> Make sure it is turned on and you have fingerprints stored. Once you have made sure it is turned on in the OS. Open the Onstar App and log in. Now scroll to the very bottom and hit settings, Now open Touch ID, Then tap Enable Touch ID slider.

TLDR
1. Open Onstar APP.
2. Login.
3. Scroll to the bottom of home screen.
4. Tap Settings.
5. Tap Touch ID.
6. Tap Slider for Enable Touch ID.

You have not turned on touch ID for your onstar app.

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
OMG I've had a good laugh with this thread. I was due for it I think! ahahahaha yes!

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
As an *Ahem* ageing male I am happy to report that that isn't where my mind went when I read "NIP". Just sayin'.

Could be a secure login though. Who'd wanna forge it?

I am so glad that I am not the only guy here that went to nipples at the first sight of NIP. I just picture an overweight hairy guy(Which is me) pressing his iPhone to a nipple while looking at you seductively.
<Snip>.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will look for the settings.. I never really used fingerprint for onlocking my phone.. by hands are usually gummed up anyway... thanks for the Monday laugh.

Reactions: White016

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I remain nip-less as well as fingerless. I went through all the menus (settings and otherwise) on the Onstar app (still works) as well as the GM app and could not find any menu to finger/nip access my Canyon.

Didn't use the app that much, but typing my full user and password is way too long of an effort.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
What phone do you have? Apple or android?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.