Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
;)

No no, that's no zoom or camera trick. I parked my truck DIRECTLY underneath. 8)

Today was KILLER. :D I don't know why I never went to Blue Angels Winter Training before! The only bad thing is I hope it doesn't make the actual airshows a bummer! It's hard to beat having them pass 50 to 75 feet over your head the whole show. My ears were ringing. ;)

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
That si sweet man...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Is that at NAF El Centro? I was station at NAS Pensacola for 19 months and got my fair share of the Blue Angels.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
ZJ said:
Is that at NAF El Centro? I was station at NAS Pensacola for 19 months and got my fair share of the Blue Angels.
Yes, that is El Centro.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
they bore me to death i gess cause i have seen them so many times. but good pic

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the compliments! I got quite few good pictures (bound to happen when you take 2,200 pictures, right?) :D

Yup, that's El Centro. I've been an aviation nut my whole life, so I could never get tired of them. I even travelled as far as NAS Oceana (Virginia Beach) last year to see them.
rkinney said:
That is one of the coolest pictures I have ever seen! Must have a good camera.

Were you all having a meet?
No we weren't, that's what's funny... None of us knew each other, but there were 4 GMT-355s there, and we all seemed to park next to each other. :lol:

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Those pics are fuggin AWESOME. Nice shots, and nice truck too!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm stationed at MCAS Yuma right now. We just had our air show, but after 2 years of getting rocked on the flightline by all the different birds, I'd like to see something different. I wish the angels would do a show out here. Pretty sweet pics you got though.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone for the compliments!

How about a video?

After uploading for several hours, I'm a bit disappointed that once uploaded to You Tube, the picture quality of my video went down. :(

One other warning about the video, my girlfriend had the truck running, which I was using to hold the camera that was taking the video (while I was using my dSLR). So there is a bit of shake. After a minute your eye adjusts and you don't notice. ;)

Still, you should like the video anyway. Crank the volume and enjoy the noise! :D This is how close we were in our spot. No zoom on the camera.

Due to the picture quality being lessened, leaving it in small screen helps...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uG1VmT1kl0

Particulars about the El Centro show and layout that are unique (at least in the shows I attend) are that the team doesn't use a taxiway to get to the start of the runway. They come directly down the runway and then make a choreographed U-turn, which is really cool.

Also, keep an eye on the dirt at the end of the runway when #6 pitches up after his low transition on takeoff. :cool:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Awesome pics. Haven't seen the angels since I was a kid at Niagara Falls air force base.
Very cool how the 355's parked together.It's like one big happy family. ::chevy::

1 - 20 of 27 Posts