Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed the baja foglights on my Canyon and I noticed the passenger side light is brighter than the driver's side light. I switched locations of the ground wire and made sure all the connections are tight. Does anyone have any idea why one would be brighter than the other?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Only thing I can think of is light position might make appear one is brighter than the other, Not sure if wire gauge and lenght would cause this.

·
Registered
135 Posts
It could be that maybe you just got a bad bulb. You can try swapping the bulbs.
Also check the ground wire inside the housing. It's a spade connector, it could've came loose.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok cool. I will check the ground wire inside of the housing. As for light position causing it to look brighter i'm not sure, one looks more yellow and the other is bright.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
If it is yellow I would check the bulb, sound like the filament is off or broken but still conected, it should be like a spiral or spring like between the two contact points. if not it will burn abnormal or not as hot,

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
stocklook said:
If it is yellow I would check the bulb, sound like the filament is off or broken but still conected, it should be like a spiral or spring like between the two contact points. if not it will burn abnormal or not as hot,
good to know, I'll check that out too. Thanks for the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts