Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Colorado 3.7 . 4X LT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys , I want to know if it’s worth it to upgrade my exhaust on my 2012 3.7 . I really don’t care about improving the sound. I am only interested in mpg and power gain with out loosing low end torque.
I plan to going a cross country tour with my 800 pound Harley in tow.

thanks

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
I would say No, I had a 2011 and from what I had read, the exhaust on it was pretty efficient. Has big tubes and a low back pressure muffler...a friend had a 2011 also and put a Magnaflow muffler on it and it had a loud annoying drone...

in stock form it will haul that Harley just fine

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Hi guys , I want to know if it’s worth it to upgrade my exhaust on my 2012 3.7 . I really don’t care about improving the sound. I am only interested in mpg and power gain with out loosing low end torque.
I plan to going a cross country tour with my 800 pound Harley in tow.

thanks
Leave her alone, you won't get any better performance. It will only cause you headaches. (literally)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would say No, I had a 2011 and from what I had read, the exhaust on it was pretty efficient. Has big tubes and a low back pressure muffler...a friend had a 2011 also and put a Magnaflow muffler on it and it had a loud annoying drone...

in stock form it will haul that Harley just fine
Thanks Hunter62, that’s what I figured. Small engine and not spinning it fast enough to help it
Leave her alone, you won't get any better performance. It will only cause you headaches. (literally)
Thanks White016

·
Registered
696 Posts
you're considerably better off spending that money on a $240 mail order tune ...

·
Registered
696 Posts
Reactions: WV NATIVE and 70Lou

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
2,920 Posts
Yea, what they said. The exhaust isn't something Chevy went cheap on here. No lacking in performance for a stock spec. And toy hauling is a breeze.
I don't know much about tunes except to not void your warranty with one or have one that is reversible.

Reactions: 70Lou
1 - 9 of 9 Posts