Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Since you have a wire, will a O2 sensor socket work?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Negative ghost rider. The oil lines cross right in front of the sensor but I think I can get a flex head ratchet on it. I’m going to pick one up and try

·
Registered
4,007 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
OK, Here comes the insensitive jerk question.
Are you getting engine codes? Can you just live with it until you know you have a problem?
Sorry if I missed something stated earlier.
But It seems to me, this could be a senseless exercise going from bad to worse, that didn't have to be done at all.
I just want the best for you brother.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
If he is getting readings of 0 PSI oil pressure, and a message to shut the engine down, I would that is ground to attempt to correct the problem. I would think you would do the same.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
What about removing the inner fender? It's a trick often used on the full size trucks, especially the diesel versions. Might give you room to work around the oil lines. Also, have you removed the big honking air chamber that covers the top of the engine? And I'm assuming you looked at trying from below. Sorry, but I'm too lazy to go out and look at mine for other ideas.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
What about removing the inner fender? It's a trick often used on the full size trucks, especially the diesel versions. Might give you room to work around the oil lines. Also, have you removed the big honking air chamber that covers the top of the engine? And I'm assuming you looked at trying from below. Sorry, but I'm too lazy to go out and look at mine for other ideas.
Too lazy to read the last few posts on the subject as well, it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
That’s not a bad idea tbh

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
That’s not a bad idea tbh
But yea from the top is a no go since it sits fairly low on the block. It’s under the oil filter housing. From the wheel is the best bet. I think the ratchet is the best shot I have before I just unplug it and never worry about it again lol

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Could you possibly reach it from underneath?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Take an Ohm reading on the sensor.
Tell us what you have.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Geez. I don't even have this engine and pressure problem, and I'm on pins and needles over here in Asia waiting to find out how this resolves!! Good luck with the sensor swap out.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Geez. I don't even have this engine and pressure problem, and I'm on pins and needles over here in Asia waiting to find out how this resolves!! Good luck with the sensor swap out.
Haha thanks man this weekend I’m going to give it my best shot replacing this thing. I think I have a plan. Will keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Awesome! Happy that you got it fixed, and it was not expensive. Thanks for posting your results. That’s what the forum is all about.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Awesome! Happy that you got it fixed, and it was not expensive. Thanks for posting your results. That’s what the forum is all about.
Yea bro sorry for the delay. Working full time, full time grad school, managing my rental and a one year old boy means I have zero free time lol. I appreciate the support. Definitely nice to feel

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
we are all glad to help and really like to hear positive results.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts