Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Colorado Z71, 3.6L V6, crew cab
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First noticed this when I did my oil change a month ago. Can’t quite seem to find source. Any ideas? Can take more pics if directed where. Thanks in advance!

Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
Oil cooler line it looks like, but that problem was most prevalent on 15-16 models. I carry a spare set just in case on my 16.

Reactions: Hunter62

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Oil cooler line at the hard line crimp looks suspect. Fluid leaks tend to be blown back and flung around by airflow from driving by the fans, so the forward-most wet area would be the first place I'd look. And that looks quite wet.

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Degrease the area and watch for leaks. Oven cleaner works great and it alone cheaper then the automotive stuff.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
No, no, nononononooooooooooo do not use oven cleaner. It is great at destroying rubber and stripping paint. Proper engine degreaser, Simple Green, etc are much safer, better products.

·
Registered
8 Posts
No, no, nononononooooooooooo do not use oven cleaner. It is great at destroying rubber and stripping paint. Proper engine degreaser, Simple Green, etc are much safer, better products.
Damn, I learned something new. Thank for the correction.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
That leak looks bad enough that you might be able to see it in real time. As others said that oil line looks like the culprit. After you thoroughly clean it all, watch that crimped area, and maybe have someone rev the motor up to 3500 rpm or so while you watch it.

·
Registered
2017 CCSB Z71
23 Posts
Possible leak around the O-ring of one of the cam actuator solenoids for the VVT?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Clean it really well with Simple Green and a power washer. After it's completely dry, sprinkle some baby powder or corn starch in the suspect areas. Start the engine and watch those area closely. The powder will turn dark immediately upon contact with oil.

Baby powder and corn starch are very easy to clean up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts