Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my 2015 3.6 cc lb in for its 25k oil change. The dealer pointed out oil weeping from the timing cover and said they would “monitor it” anyone else have this issue? It’s still under warranty so if the leak returns/continues I will have them fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
237 Posts
I had my 2015 3.6 cc lb in for its 25k oil change. The dealer pointed out oil weeping from the timing cover and said they would “monitor it” anyone else have this issue? It’s still under warranty so if the leak returns/continues I will have them fix it.

Interesting....... I would have thought this problem would have been addressed already by Chevy as they had these problems with the Camaro v6's as well as other models with the v6.

Anyone else having this problem. My understanding is that usually the leak can't be detected without actually looking in the engine bay. As in little to no leaking on the ground.

Boy I hope this doesnt happen to my 2017.

- pREstON

·
Registered
126 Posts
Boy I hope this doesnt happen to my 2017.

- pREstON
The 2017 3.6L V6 is a completely new design. The 2015-16 Colorados had the LFX engine, and our 2017+ models have the new LGZ model. They are only similar in displacement (3.6L) and configuration (V6). The newer LGZ is not a revised LFX.

·
Registered
237 Posts
The 2017 3.6L V6 is a completely new design. The 2015-16 Colorados had the LFX engine, and our 2017+ models have the new LGZ model. They are only similar in displacement (3.6L) and configuration (V6). The newer LGZ is not a revised LFX.
:p

I know that that the LGZ is a new complete design, but...... That being said, I hope that means that this issue has been resolved for us.

- PrestON

·
Registered
126 Posts
:p

I know that that the LGZ is a new complete design, but...... That being said, I hope that means that this issue has been resolved for us.

- PrestON
I'm sure we'll have our own all-new quirks to deal with. Haha!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I️ cleaned it up drove it about 100 miles and it’s leaking slightly. Just enough to wet the metal.

Called the dealer today, they scheduled an appointment to repair the leak. So we will see what they end up doing.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Called the dealer today, they scheduled an appointment to repair the leak. So we will see what they end up doing.

Found this service bulletin, truck goes in on the 9th. Read the last line... we will see what they do. If you have a 2015/2016 3.6 check for this oil leak while it’s under warranty.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Found this service bulletin, truck goes in on the 9th. Read the last line... we will see what they do. If you have a 2015/2016 3.6 check for this oil leak while it’s under warranty.

Ended up being a leak from the bottom of the timing cover. The dealer was very good, they put a new timing cover gasket, cover, fluids, belts, hoses, and new bolts, etc. leak is fixed. Happy they took care of it. The replacement parts list was 4 pages long, I like that they didn’t re-use any of the original parts.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

All fixed. The list of replaced parts is 4.5 pages long .

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2017 Colorado is at the dealer now, for a major oil leak!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Original post couple years old!

·
Registered
52 Posts
My 2017 Colorado is at the dealer now, for a major oil leak!
Likely not the same issue as OP and would warrant a new thread.

Do you happen to live in a colder climate? I had both of my oil cooler lines rupture on me during the winter, The inlet side two winters ago and the outlet last winter. The TSB is supposedly only for Canada and Alaska due to their climate, but there have been plenty of cases in the northern states as well, myself included.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.