Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just moved to savannah area of georgia. I live in a little city outside of savannah called pooler. I was just wandering if anyone lives out that way and knows of any good trails or areas to go offraoding. I like woods-riding not really into just mudding.

any help would be appreciated.

Reactions: clangmile

·
Registered
381 Posts
i live in augusta, have lived in midway. and stayed in pooler for a few weeks. fun place in midway. let me see if i can take a sat. pic and circle the area. if you go south on 95 and then turn right onto 17 (coastal hwy) you'll run right into a little town called midway. it's about 30 mins from you. there's an awesome firebreak that i used to ride fourwheelers on and trucks were always on. but i was a lot younger and a lot less concerned about getting into trouble. but here's the general area i used to go.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c397/ ... udding.jpg

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright thanks man. A co-worker told me about a place called Redrock, whats that about?

·
Registered
381 Posts
never heard of it

·
Registered
36 Posts
You can go down 144 towards Ft. Stewart and there are trails leading from the road into the woods. Some are tank trails so they'll be pretty wide, but some are pretty narrow and rough. I'd advise you go on the weekends there because they sometimes do ranges during the weekday.

·
Registered
18 Posts
don't know of any trails,but if you like muddbogging.you should go to cobbtown.it's about 40 to 60 min south of you.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Chino31419 said:
You can go down 144 towards Ft. Stewart and there are trails leading from the road into the woods. Some are tank trails so they'll be pretty wide, but some are pretty narrow and rough. I'd advise you go on the weekends there because they sometimes do ranges during the weekday.
yeah the tank trails near stewart are pretty tight. but most of them have signs that say "BE ADVISED. U.S. ARMY TANK MANEUVER RANGE" they might get pissed if you're just tearing it up and they run in to you. but i wouldn't worry about it. lol. it's pretty sandy too in certain parts if i remember correctly. i haven't been there in...6 years or so.

·
Registered
758 Posts
hey, jus got to Hinesville, right outside of Fort Stewart. i know this an old thread, but if anyone around here wanna go wheeling...

side note, most Army bases i been on, DO NOT like ppl going out and 4wheeling out in the training areas. not suposed to be out inthe training areas (hunting or fishing) with out passes and permits.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Old post... but... I'm looking for some trail riding... dual sport motorcycle type.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts