Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Hi All,

Hoping someone can clarify things for me. There seems to be very little availability passenger tire rated tires in the all terrain, hybrid terrain, and mud terrain categories.

I find alot of E load rated and some C rated. I understand the load rating means the ability to hold air pressure. I also understand that the higher load rating usually means a heavier tire with stiffer sidewalls.

When offroading....and airing down.....dont you want a pliable sidewall to conform to terrain?? Doesnt it make it more difficult for an E load tire to do this over a SL rated tire??

What am I missing?

Thank you,

George
My thoughts are you want an E rated tire for off road. Yes it is a thicker side wall, but that means its a lot less prone to punctures and tears. I've done wheeling with some guys that use P or C rated tires and they've torn them up pretty good. E rated will still conform to the terrain. It just springs back a bit quicker. I will only use E rated tires for off road anymore.

Reactions: Janster
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.