Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

OEM strut spring seat / perch

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Fherman129 
#1 ·
Trying to install eibach pro truck lift and am unable to use the oem strut spring seat. It was welded on the original strut when I had a leveling kit installed. GM does not sell this part separate from the strut. I would have to buy the new strut just to take the seat/perch off. I called Eibach and they only provide spring seats for Tacomas and not Cols/Cans.
Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get my hands on this part without buying the whole strut. If I cannot come up with a solution I will have to return the Eibach kit. Thanks.

#4 ·
That is the conclusion I've come to. Ebay has a pair of "new" ones that fit a 2015 - 2017. I have a 2018 Canyon, and as far as I can tell they are the same.

Can you take it to a shop and have them separate it? You already did the hard work in removing it from your truck.

That is worth a shot. Before I realized they were welded, I had sprayed some pb blaster on them and pounded the hell out of them. Do you think it is possible to separate a weld without damaging anything ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.