Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey Leo. Sorry about your exhaust. If I was in your position, I personally would look into getting a totally stainless steel exhaust system from either an aftermarket dealer or a local installer. If you want to be as quiet as possible, I would recommend getting like a large sized Borla, Dynomax or Magnaflow muffler in stainless and then also have a resonator installed. Get a large cased muffler. I recommend stainless because you live in Canada and hopefully the muffler will last longer due to condensation from the moisture in the exhaust, which is probably the main cause of your current situation. I just wonder if your dealer actually replaced your first system with a GM OEM exhaust or they out sourced an “OEM looking” exhaust from a cheaper manufacturer. Just my two cents. Hope you find a solution.

Reactions: 16WhiteColly

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hey Leo. Sorry about your exhaust. If I was in your position, I personally would look into getting a totally stainless steel exhaust system from either an aftermarket dealer or a local installer. If you want to be as quiet as possible, I would recommend getting like a large sized Borla, Dynomax or Magnaflow muffler in stainless and then also have a resonator installed. Get a large cased muffler. I recommend stainless because you live in Canada and hopefully the muffler will last longer due to condensation from the moisture in the exhaust, which is probably the main cause of your current situation. I just wonder if your dealer actually replaced your first system with a GM OEM exhaust or they out sourced an “OEM looking” exhaust from a cheaper manufacturer. Just my two cents. Hope you find a solution.
its totally possible, i mean there was some surface discoloration when i looked under it the other night to check for any holes. but it took them like 6 weeks to get me a new system last spring. so it may have been direct from GM

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
i decided to run to cans of seafoam in my gas tank to see if it helps clear things up, the truck seems to be quieter when its colder and then once it gets warmed up she makes the drone more. i didnt check before i put the seafoam in but there seems to be alot of loose heavy soot in the chrome tail pipe.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts