Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading up to Ocala National Forest this weekend, most likely Saturday but TBD for sure. I have not been up that way to off-road, but I don't think it will be too hard to navigate. So far its my buddy in a Jeep and my ZR2. If anyone else would like to meet up, or knows of some fun places to hit let me know on here or PM!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hey I am thinking of going there Thanksgiving weekend, how was it?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey I am thinking of going there Thanksgiving weekend, how was it?
Honestly, being my first time I didn't find anything more than sand trails. Maybe we were in the wrong locations as we kinda just drove. It was fun, and eventful at times. But we couldn't find any hills to climb, sand pits. Just sandy trails and a little bit of back woods riding. Let me know if you find more please. I'm trying citrus wma next

·
Registered
3 Posts
Glad I found this. Bought my wife a 2017 z71 midnight and was looking for places to try it. Are there websites?

Sorry new to this, I track a 1LE Camaro and looking to try something new...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've been wanting to try Citirus. We should set up a ride. I'll be out in the Seminole State forest with a buddy Saturday. It's very mild, but I like getting out in the woods anyway.

·
Vendor
630 Posts
Glad I found this. Bought my wife a 2017 z71 midnight and was looking for places to try it. Are there websites?

Sorry new to this, I track a 1LE Camaro and looking to try something new...
Yes. You can download a PDF map of a whole bunch of places and if you have an android phone, download Avenza Maps to use the PDF. Avenza will actually allow you to download maps straight from the app.

I use Backcountry Navigator which is a little more robust but works best when you pre-plan a route to follow, not really good for those days when you're just exploring a WMA unless you've programmed waypoints for cool obstacles and such to visit.

I've been wanting to try Citirus. We should set up a ride. I'll be out in the Seminole State forest with a buddy Saturday. It's very mild, but I like getting out in the woods anyway.
If you look up on facebook Florida Overlanding, Camping, Off-roading they plan rides out to ONF, Citrus, Crooms and a whole bunch of places frequently. They're not a colorado group but a few of us have been out with these folk's a few times. They're good people.

(link for the lazy) https://www.facebook.com/groups/1240756042644458/

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you look up on facebook Florida Overlanding, Camping, Off-roading they plan rides out to ONF, Citrus, Crooms and a whole bunch of places frequently. They're not a colorado group but a few of us have been out with these folk's a few times. They're good people.

(link for the lazy) https://www.facebook.com/groups/1240756042644458/
I literally joined that group last night. I think I saw it mentioned in another of your posts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.