Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

My 05 Colorado has no working tail light. I tried cleaning ground connector sp105,sp106 like some said on forum. Brake and blinkers work and hazard. No reverse light or number plate light. There is a aftermarket I think trailer connector. When Its dark and put light switch on auto hear buzzing sound, maybe it's switch?
There is a loose cable on left tail light that goes to box with trailer lights. Thanks for reading English isn't my first language. I can post pictures if needed maybe on Monday night or tuesday

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
:welcome to C'Fans

The problem may be related to the trailer connector/towing harness. The original tow harnesses had some problems that caused tail lights to be inoperative.

Follow the tow harness forward from the bumper until you find two connectors on the left side. Disconnect the two connectors from the body harness. There will be a female and a male connector on the body harness. Connect the two body harness connectors together. That will eliminate the tow harness. Let us know what happens.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.