Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one who's 2017 Colorado Z71 didn't come with the transfer case skid plate? It's part of the Z71 package so both me & the dealer is assuming it left the factory like that. I'm guessing the skid plate guy was off that day, LOL. The dealer's ordering one & will install. I'm just curious how many rolled off like this.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
What kind of skid plate are you looking for? I mean...... of the trucks I've owned (this is my 4th) - none of them had anything that I'd remotely consider a skid plate. They slap on some cheap-ass piece of metal that they call a 'skid plate'.

You're better off going aftermarket or making your own.

The ZR2 should have 'something' - but again......would you trust it?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
What kind of skid plate are you looking for? I mean...... of the trucks I've owned (this is my 4th) - none of them had anything that I'd remotely consider a skid plate. They slap on some cheap-ass piece of metal that they call a 'skid plate'.

You're better off going aftermarket or making your own.

The ZR2 should have 'something' - but again......would you trust it?
+10
My ZR2 has a very,very thin plate under the T-case. I'm looking at better protection from the transmission back.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Does anyone know if the transfer case skid plate is the same for the ZR2 and the Z71?

Edit: Disregard. Found out the "skid" plate on my Z71 is plastic. No way they're the same. Guess I'll be buying/making something soon!

·
Vendor
630 Posts
Mine had all skid plates from factory for a z71, including the plastic POS. i've since ripped all of those off and replaced them with Superskidz. They held their own this weekend (my first real time using them).

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update: Dealer ordered and installed the missing transfer case skid plate that the factory failed to install and it is steel. Hard to believe they missed that especially since once the truck is completed on the assembly line it goes on the alignment rack and the guy in the pit should have spotted that. GM needs to up their quality control!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Update: Dealer ordered and installed the missing transfer case skid plate that the factory failed to install and it is steel. Hard to believe they missed that especially since once the truck is completed on the assembly line it goes on the alignment rack and the guy in the pit should have spotted that. GM needs to up their quality control!
Yes! On a whole bunch of things, IMO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.