Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I'd wait to see the low fuel light before I filled up and at 54 mile remaining and still no light. Is there one on zr2 diesel? Should only have 2.5 gals left.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Figured I'd wait to see the low fuel light before I filled up and at 54 mile remaining and still no light. Is there one on zr2 diesel? Should only have 2.5 gals left.
When you cycle your ignition key on, you should see the icon by the fuel gauge. It looks like a fuel pump. My 3.6 low fuel doesn't come on until 45 miles remaining.

·
Registered
11,478 Posts
The DIC will also alert you to low fuel when it decides you need to know.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Audible chime, warning on the DIC and the light on the dash all come on. It's there..

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Got some pretty good answers here! By the way, nice to see another member being only literally a few minutes from me!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya man I drive through up to pennsburg every week day lol. From hereford direction though.

Ya light came on at 52 miles left. Thanks for the info :).

·
Registered
968 Posts
Now has anyone here actually run it down to truly empty? In the past I've found DTE to be highly pessimistic and inaccurate. In my Suburban the DIC would show 0 DTE but at least a couple times I drove another 15 or 20 miles on zero. (And I don't ever bother to overfill, first click and I just stop pumping.)

·
Registered
245 Posts
In my old company car (ford explorer) it said zero but really you had maybe five miles as I️ did run out of gas once in a rural area.

The F150 I️ had before that was nearly exact. I️t said zero and the tank took 35.7 gallons just to the first click and it was a 36 gallon tank.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Come to think of it, I have already pushed my luck once in my Colorado (gas), and filled to more than 21 gallons, so I guess in the past 10 years Chevy has gotten better at this! (Either way, it beats 90s-era Chevy fuel gauges that were either "full" or "empty" and everything in between was completely unreliable, lol.)

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Now has anyone here actually run it down to truly empty? In the past I've found DTE to be highly pessimistic and inaccurate. In my Suburban the DIC would show 0 DTE but at least a couple times I drove another 15 or 20 miles on zero. (And I don't ever bother to overfill, first click and I just stop pumping.)
I'm not going to say use the search button, but there are a couple of past WTF posts on the subject where folks that got stranded driving 5-10 miles after their light came on, and the DIC indicated otherwise.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.