Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day during my most recent gas stop, more interested in the young lady gassing up her Porsche at the next pump, I promptly drove away with my gas cap dangling in the breeze (I'm sure her thoughts were "What an idiot"). anyhow, 120 miles later I realized my brain fart, but no typical 0442 or similar expected code was thrown. Wondering if maybe my Trifecta Elite tune masked it or we missed something?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Likely, the system had already run that system check before you stopped to get gas. It doesn't constantly monitor. Also, it may have been a pending code, but haddent had consecutive test fails to store the code and trip the light.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
968 Posts
Your truck came with a gas cap? Mine is a 2017 and they've copied Ford with the no gas cap... I personally like the idea of having one.
Six months later and I still reach down to unscrew that nonexistent gas cap. Every. Single. Time.

Reactions: Toughsox

·
Registered
387 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Funny enough, last week I forgot to screw on my cap during an early morning fill-up and just closed the door. By the time I got home, a message appeared on my DIC stating my gas cap was not on. I must have started my truck at least 5 times before the message appeared and drove about 100 km (50miles).
It also re-appeared at my next 2 start-ups (after screwing it in) before I realized I had to "dismiss" the DIC message.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Funny the diesels still have a cap. Maybe they just want want you to see the green cap so you use the correct fuel. Doesn't make as much sense here in Canada though. We use yellow to mark diesel stuff but GM still sends our trucks with green caps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.