Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
I went Spotify premium. Yes you have to pay the monthly charge but $15 for 6 accounts and pretty much all the music in the world...
Plus, Google/Siri work just file with it, playlists are stupid easy, people already have playlist/stations you can subscribe to and you can share playlists from 1 member to another via various ways...

If between the 6 of you you each would get 1 new CD a year that would be $60 so throw that towards the subscription.

·
Premium Member
2018 Colorado CCLB Duramax
136 Posts
CD........Bah, I'm trying to figure out where to insert my 8 tracks!!!!

No suggestions relating to my anatomy are necessary:oops:

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
CD........Bah, I'm trying to figure out where to insert my 8 tracks!!!!

No suggestions relating to my anatomy are necessary:oops:
I'll tell you where to put....ah never mind.

Reactions: SFLTruck

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
And whenever I want to go back to how music is supposed to sound I go back to my vinyl collection. Surprised that even with my crappy hearing (years of chain saws, dirt bikes, race cars, and power tools with inadequate hearing protection) I can still tell the difference. The trade off in convenience vs quality we have all made. "Good enough"

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
And whenever I want to go back to how music is supposed to sound I go back to my vinyl collection. Surprised that even with my crappy hearing (years of chain saws, dirt bikes, race cars, and power tools with inadequate hearing protection) I can still tell the difference. The trade off in convenience vs quality we have all made. "Good enough"
Agree with that. Still the owner of quite an LP collection and the warm sound of a turntable playing clean analog audio over a vintage Technics or other player. Even my old Dual with it's bit of rumble somehow imparts the sound with something digital can't compare with.
Not to mention a good R2R or higher end cassette deck. (y)

Reactions: Johnnyone

·
Registered
732 Posts
So, I now have my 750G of music (yes I’m old) on a removable SSD. They’re all tagged (genre, year, artist, etc) and all filed in folders. How does the GM audio system handle them. Does it index them every time I turn in the truck? Does it pick up where I left off? How do I navigate? Will Siri control it? Should I just buy a USB CD player and go old school?

Sure seems like it went from plugging an FM converter into my AM Radio to the fade out... click... fade in of 8 track to cassette tape getting eaten to CD‘s chopping up medleys to satellite/streaming subscriptions overnight and the enjoyment has gone out of listening to music. I experienced it first hand. Now I just want to play my music collection and not pay to stream or listen from the stars. Just want to create a good ol play list and be happy.
Mine is on a USB drive. Every album is it's own folder. The truck has the capability to search by artist and will resume exactly where I left off. I can't speak to Siri as I'm using Android, but I've never tried to search by using voice. I find manually searching quick enough, but then, I don't have that much on my USB either.

Reactions: 16WhiteColly

·
Registered
2019 Z71 Diesel
64 Posts
What is a CD??
Is that one of those disks that you used to put in the stereo to play music?

J/K
Get a thumb drive and put all of your music on it, or use your phone, no more having to change disks to hear the the song you want, no more skipping from a scratched disk.
It came after a AB. So a CD is not as old as an AB. 🤣

21 - 28 of 28 Posts