Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

· Registered
10,964 Posts
Well I have the same issue in my cooling tank it was low I tapped it off and I still have the same problem I'm going to erase the code and see what happens but yeah my fan is working soon as I started my truck and even when I turn off it stays running for a little while and shuts off in my AC is not working right I have a Chevy Colorado Z71 2016 someone can help me out on this I appreciate that I keep checking on this see what I can do love the truck runs good besides this it just happened
I bet you have a stuck open thermostat. Watch the temp gauge. You didn't get a ck engine light?

• Helpful
Reactions: Gerry Thornhough

· Registered
8 Posts
I bet you have a stuck open thermostat. Watch the temp gauge. You didn't get a ck engine light?
Yes I did but today I raised the code and the check engine light went off in my thermostat went back to what I supposed to be I still a little while my check engine light went back on and I'll let you know what's going on next for the truck is running fine brother check engine light I think is a C2 sensor

· Registered
10,964 Posts
Yes I did but today I raised the code and the check engine light went off in my thermostat went back to what I supposed to be I still a little while my check engine light went back on and I'll let you know what's going on next for the truck is running fine brother check engine light I think is a C2 sensor
Post up the code

· Registered
8 Posts
So.. I had the same situation as described here.. But since i had my code scanner with me.. I have a bit more info.

Temp gauge was pegged low. When I noticed this, I pulled over and dug in the backseat for my scan tool and plugged it in.. Showed a pending code of P0128

However.. the coolant temp sensor PID was reading 170 degrees.

Shut the vehicle off and toggled the key to verify the 'sweeps' of the gauges to verify that the temp gauge wasn't bad.. That all worked fine.

The COOLANT temp sensor seems to hang around the 170 degree range. I started up this morning, all worked fine and the pending code has gone away.. Kept the tool plugged in and the Coolant temp sensor hung around the 170 degree range, but the temp gauge was at its normal of approximately 205 degrees.

So, data feeding that gauge seems to be coming from something OTHER than the coolant temp sensor (Which seems to be a real PITA to get to on the V6)

I've got an appointment for the dealer to check it on Thursday. I didn't have any "No A/C" messages or the like, but the cooling fans were running when I shut the vehicle off. Which, I believe, as others have mentioned here is part of the strategy from a safety standpoint.

But, the fact that the Coolant PID showed 170 while the temp gauge showed 205.. And showed 170 when the temp gauge showed pegged low (160 is lowest reading).. I think there's something else at play here. May still be a sticking thermostat for me, may be for others.. But.. Just feels like there's something else happening. I can't find anything else showing as an engine temp or anything else that would be driving the gauge.

· Registered
8 Posts
. Replace Catalytic Converter(S) With new OE Catalytic Converter(S)
Yes that's the kind of code is giving me an I ran it through the system and my guy works in my truck he says yes we had to replace the Cadillac converter he says is stuck I wonder how can I unstuck it I heard that you put some liquid fuel injection cleaner into your system and it does clean your catalytic converter I have no idea if that works I'll figure it out and I'll do more research before I do anything crazy like that

· Registered
8 Posts
Yes that's the kind of code is giving me an I ran it through the system and my guy works in my truck he says yes we had to replace the Cadillac converter he says is stuck I wonder how can I unstuck it I heard that you put some liquid fuel injection cleaner into your system and it does clean your catalytic converter I have no idea if that works I'll figure it out and I'll do more research before I do anything crazy like that
From mine is a V8 L

41 - 48 of 48 Posts