Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this truck in April from the previous owner who had it for 9 months. Today I just discovered this little extra that he had added. ?Just a tiny little switch under the knee bolster in front of my right leg.

·
Banned
129 Posts
cool! Now you're probably thinking, "how can I get the "GMC" to light up"?:unsure::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: gherbert

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
1,734 Posts
That would be awesome. Have it be Red lights like the logo is already. That would stand out

·
Registered
52 Posts
I dunno bout TX, but here in FL if you use those on the road it's a good way to get pulled or maybe even arrested for 'impersonating an officer" haha. Should be fine when parked though!

Looks good!

·
Premium Member
1,734 Posts
Well in any state pretty much you are guaranteed not to be allowed to use Blue, Red or White lights facing forward.
Obviously only white light allowed forward is headlights and reverse lights rearward on the road.
All 3 colors are considered Emergency Lights. Just look at your Police, Fire and EMS vehicles.

·
Registered
5,611 Posts
Well in any state pretty much you are guaranteed not to be allowed to use Blue, Red or White lights facing forward.
Obviously only white light allowed forward is headlights and reverse lights rearward on the road.
All 3 colors are considered Emergency Lights. Just look at your Police, Fire and EMS vehicles.
White is perfectly legal, as well as amber, else factory fog and driving lights would be deemed illegal. Strobing them while driving though, will bring issues.

Reactions: gherbert

·
Premium Member
1,734 Posts
Yes I realized after I said that I did not mention mention white is legal as long as it is lower then the headlights.
Now driving/fog lights can only operate legal with low beam lights. The are illegal with Hi beam lights

·
Registered
61 Posts
gherbert, can you even have the fog lights on with high beams? my fog lights automatically shut off if i use the high beams. just wondering.

·
Premium Member
1,734 Posts
That is why models started that in the 90's. That is why they have a relay switch involved.When I installed lights in my 92 Talon reasons I installed factory style driving/fog lights.

·
Registered
6,360 Posts
Don't run those while parked, you will collect flying insects like a bug zapper.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't run those while parked, you will collect flying insects like a bug zapper.
:LOL: Nah, bug zappers use ultra violet emitting lights. These are just blue.

Reactions: White016

·
Premium Member
1,734 Posts
Yeah plus wouldn't be as effective without electrifying the grille. Then it would be more like a bug zapper.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts