Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
101 - 120 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Colorado Crew V6 2x4
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Unfortunately the disguise in this picture perfectly reflects the amount of rear window visibility we'll probably have.
I'd be pretty shocked if it's less than the current gen. I seriously doubt that will be the case...you can see the beltline quite a bit lower against the camo.

Side news:

Rumor is the new Bronco Raptor will get Ford's bigger turbo V6 with around 450HP. I have always assumed the next gen Ranger Raptor would get the smaller turbo V6...the 2.7 with it's 330 HP and 400ish torque, but if it gets the bigger V6 also that would be somethin. GM would need to offer more than just the new H.O. 2.7 turbo 4 cylinder if they wanted the ZR2 to be a complete match in the power department.

·
Registered
7,415 Posts
Here's a video of them running around disguised. The camera angles are not great to to the extent shown they all appear to be gasoline exhausts.

·
Premium Member
6,022 Posts
Here's a video of them running around disguised. The camera angles are not great to to the extent shown they all appear to be gasoline exhausts.

He says in the video, starting at .54 seconds, they are all the same engine and also alludes that the gas engine is the only engine that will be available. I don't know where he's getting his info from though.

·
Registered
2019 Colorado CCLB Z71 V6 4WD
1,011 Posts
judging by the 1500 tailing, the new gen appears to have gotten a smidge bigger? hard to tell however. It does appear CCLB exists still. Wouldn't surprise me if the 2.8l is gone, the take rate may not be enough to justify it. Its a hard sell to the average buyer...

·
Registered
2015 Colorado Crew V6 2x4
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
3rd gen Colorado interior spied for the first time.

Can't see much, except there is a large horizontal display shown on the dash. Looks similar to the new 22 Silverado, which if I must say, I think has a pretty nice looking interior. I am very pleased that GM has decided to use horizontally oriented screens in it's trucks and SUVs. So much better than going vertical. Not sure if you guys have seen the new interior on the 3rd generation global Ranger, but I am not a fan of it's big "up n down" screen.

2023 Chevy Colorado Interior Spied For The First Time: Video

·
Registered
7,415 Posts
Not sure if you guys have seen the new interior on the 3rd generation global Ranger, but I am not a fan of it's big "up n down" screen.

2023 Chevy Colorado Interior Spied For The First Time: Video
Up and down (vertical) makes a lot more sense for what I use my screen for 90% of the time--navigation. I always thought it funny that the stand alone GPS companies never realized that. But also as screens get larger, vertical becomes the only choice.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Up and down (vertical) makes a lot more sense for what I use my screen for 90% of the time--navigation. I always thought it funny that the stand alone GPS companies never realized that. But also as screens get larger, vertical becomes the only choice.
I have the new Garmin Tread XL Overland and I run it vertically, but you do have the option to run it horizontally too.

Reactions: 93Duc

·
Registered
2017 AT 4x4 LWN CCLB Dark Slate Metallic
3,424 Posts
Escalade rates your statement as FALSE.
Car Vehicle Speedometer Gear shift Motor vehicle

·
Registered
916 Posts
I’m just glad I bought my Colorado when I did. There is no way I would trade it for one of these. Lack of a manual transmission is a deal breaker. Even though I don’t care for turbos, I could live with the L3B except for AFM and stop/start. Why put AFM on a 4-cylinder engine?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
He says in the video, starting at .54 seconds, they are all the same engine and also alludes that the gas engine is the only engine that will be available. I don't know where he's getting his info from though.
Seeing that same info all over.

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
101 - 120 of 145 Posts