Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 2017 Z71 CCLB V-6 for two days. Going through all the new gadgets and controls. I love the truck. I found a control on the dash that I have no idea what it does. It can't find it in the manual. Anybody know??? See photo below. Thanks!!

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!! There is nothing in the online manuals regarding this feature on my truck. But I did find an instruction video on a Silverado. Looks the same. Cool feature!! I do plan on towing a lot near the upper limits. But my boat trailer has surge brakes. But you never know,,, I might get a trailer one day that will utilize electric brakes.

Here is the link on trailer brake operation I found.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew6XSBXOo5Q&sns=em

·
Premium Member
4,885 Posts
Just to clarify, the 2 sliders are to MANUALLY control the trailer brakes. It is always automatic but should you need to slow your trailer BEFORE you hit your brakes, thats what thats for....you squeeze them together. But, best to always experiment with it before you actually need to use it. :wink2:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just to clarify, the 2 sliders are to MANUALLY control the trailer brakes. It is always automatic but should you need to slow your trailer BEFORE you hit your brakes, thats what thats for....you squeeze them together. But, best to always experiment with it before you actually need to use it. :wink2:
I'm not sure that's totally accurate. Here's a video about setting up the trailer brake controller.

·
Premium Member
4,885 Posts
I'm not sure that's totally accurate. Here's a video about setting up the trailer brake controller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euTMB-JX5UQ

Actually, that video is exactly what I said.....the only thing that the video clarifies better than I was able to say is, you can set it up for presets for different trailers.... something I was not aware of but thanks for clarifying my comments. :wink2:

And....HOWDY, new guy from Germany =)

·
Registered
6 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euTMB-JX5UQ

Actually, that video is exactly what I said.....the only thing that the video clarifies better than I was able to say is, you can set it up for presets for different trailers.... something I was not aware of but thanks for clarifying my comments.

And....HOWDY, new guy from Germany =)
Hey, Definitely no disrespect! I've just been doing a lot of research and found that video previously and thought I'd share.

·
Premium Member
4,885 Posts
Hey, Definitely no disrespect! I've just been doing a lot of research and found that video previously and thought I'd share.
No....I didnt take it as a diss. :smile2:

We have those in all our vehicles at work but.....they are sort of dumb ones. You can manually slow the trailers but there is no such thing as a memory. I appreciate you clearing up a part of that that I wasnt aware of. :wink2:

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I've had my 2017 Z71 CCLB V-6 for two days. Going through all the new gadgets and controls. I love the truck. I found a control on the dash that I have no idea what it does. It can't find it in the manual. Anybody know??? See photo below. Thanks!!
There is a recall for the owners manual for missing the trailer brake controller info. Just go tell your dealer and they'll print it out for you.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
Only on the diesel trucks.

If you have a gasser and got the trailer brake controller - then, I was rooked. :)
I don't have it either on my 2016 gasser with the tow package. I believe they added on gassers it in 2017 if you buy the tow haul package or get a Z71 or All Terrain.

·
Registered
21 Posts
There is a recall for the owners manual for missing the trailer brake controller info. Just go tell your dealer and they'll print it out for you.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yep. I got the recall notice on my '17 CC SB Z71 V6.

Here it is:

GM Program #:
N172109010
Date Issued:
Aug 10, 2017
Program Title:

Owner Manual Doesn't Include Integrated Trailer Brake Control Content

Program Description:

Certain 2016 and 2017 model year Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon vehicles, equipped with an Integrated Trailer Brake Controller (JL1), may have an owner manual that is missing instructions for use of the Integrated Trailer Brake Controller.

Repair Description:

Print and insert revised owner manual pages included in this bulletin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.