Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my new ZR2 finally arrived at the dealer after about a 6 week wait. The dealer said "come on down and pick it up". So I did. Upon the inspection I noticed a nice 1" scratch across the DIC bezel. The sales person asked if it was really an issue. I explained to him that after spending uphill of $40k on a new pickup, it would be nice to have it actually not have any flaws from the factory! They wrote up an exception, and told me they would call when the parts arrived. They called on Monday for a Tuesday appointment, so I dropped it off. After about 2 hours I received a call from the service adviser informing me that they may not be able to fix this very soon. He explained that the new ZR2 uses a one piece instrument cluster, and that they needed to be ordered from the factory for VIN coding. Needless to say, this sucks! They have been kind enough to give me a loaner, but an Equinox is not a ZR2! Hopefully this will get fixed before too long...

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Hmm. See what they have to do with the old DIC unit after they get a new one for you.

There's a theory that a few of us would like to test about swapping a DIC between a Z71 and a ZR2.

Sucks about the wait on a new rig, but hopefully it'll be worth it. Welcome to the board.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I’d be hot pissed about the way they are handling it. Asking if a flaw is really an issue on a new truck and then ordering the wrong parts? Time to find a new dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They called back today and apologized for the way that this has been handled. The new part is supposed to arrive tomorrow. In response to Thunderbear, I will ask about the old unit. G2skier, thanks for the welcome. The last time I had a mid sized P/U was back in 1985 when I got my new S10, I finally gave it away to a friend in 2004. It had 231,000 miles on it, and still ran great. But it would no longer pass a smog test.

I was able to rack up about 560 miles on the new ZR2 the week that I had it. It runs great, and I love the diesel. We had to take our dump trailer to the dump, so I hooked up to the ZR2 instead of using our Silverado 4wd 6 liter. The ZR2 actually did a better job pulling than the Silverado, and it got 21.7 MPG while doing it! FYI, the Silverado is lucky to get half that MPG pulling! I now have a new favorite! Just need to get past the scratched DIC! LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.