Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Wanted to take a minute and introduce myself. Purchased a 2018 Colorado ZR2 on 8-30-17 and so far I'm absolutely loving the truck! I went with the Kinetic Blue and V6 version. Just picked up a set of the 3" tubular step bars today to put on the truck, hoping to have that done tomorrow! After the step bars are on the next order of business will be a full detail and some Adam's Polishes ceramic coating for the wheels, paint, and trim.

I've been reading through the site while waiting to be activated, damn good looking site with a wealth of knowledge from what I'm reading already. I'm looking forward to adding to that as I get more time with the truck.

Hope you all have a great day!

Tony

·
Premium Member
4,885 Posts
I do welcome you to the forums but ummmm, I dont see your truck. You sure you got one?

WE DEMAND PIX !!! >:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol, thanks for the welcome toughsox! I just tried to upload a pic but my cell phone takes pics in to high a resolution. I'll take some with the regular digital camera tomorrow and post them up. If I could figure out how to resize the damn cell phone pic I would but I'm not having any luck.

Again, thanks for the welcome!

Tony

·
Premium Member
4,885 Posts
Alright, hold the phone for just a second. I think I got it figured out on the resizing thing. Hopefully now she will load and you can see my new toy. Please try not to drool anymore than I am! :grin2:

Tony
Sexy looking beast you got there. Wishing you the best with it. :wink2:

Reactions: coops18zr2

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many thanks toughsox! It was a hard decision on what color to go with. I love silver on vehicles but for what ever reason it just didn't look right to me on the ZR2, I saw the Kinetic Blue sitting there and fell in love with the looks of it.

Tony

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Welcome to the Colorado and ZR2 family! That color is amazing. Almost wish I'd waited a year to get that kinetic blue, but, the Deepwood Green Metallic gets plenty of compliments. Any plans for the truck besides steps and ceramic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ThumperHDCMC,

Thanks for the welcome! The red was my second choice but I couldn't find a single dealer near me that had the red. I like the looks of the metallic red they offer, think it was called tint coat. Very sharp looking ride you have and the sport bar adds nicely to it.

G2SKIER,

Thank you as well for the welcome to the forum! At this time I don't have much in the works for the truck. I love the look of the sport bar on them but I'm not gonna pay what the dealer wants for one!! The sport bar gives it the Avalanche feel in a way, which is the vehicle I got out of in order to get into the ZR2. I may look at fabbing a sport bar myself that is similar to the factory one and see what I get and how it turns out. Very nice looking ride you have and your tire/wheel combo really give it an aggressive attitude.

The Kinetic Blue was a bit of a hard find, all the local dealers really only carried the black and green models. One dealer in the area had a 2017 blue one already but wanted a small mint for the thing. I saw another dealer had a 2018 Kinetic Blue coming in and I contacted them to verify. The day they got it in I was there and spent the better part of the day doing the dance with the dealer to get all the details and money side of things finalized.

Again, many thanks folks for the warm welcome to the forum. Once I get the step bars on the truck, hopefully today, I will snap some more pics and get them posted up. Have a great day!

Tony

·
Registered
663 Posts
Welcome to the site Tony!
I really like that Blue.
I had a hard time finding my truck too, I wanted Red Hot and at the time there were only 7 within 500 miles of my house and only 2 with the options I wanted.
One of the dealers dropped the price almost 3 thousand and I picked it up the day after it was delivered, even though I had to drive 4 hours to get it!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jthompson2, toy4x4, and gregg6668,

Many thanks for the welcomes! I didn't get a chance to get the step bars on today but hopefully later tonight or tomorrow. I'll post some more pics once I have them on.

Jthompson2, I know the feeling of driving to get that one vehicle you want. Furthest I've ever driven to get a vehicle was 7 hours, it was a brand new Pontiac G8 GXP in silver ice metallic. Absolutely amazing car and still wish I had it lol!

After the step bars I think the plan is to invest in some quality LED headlights and possibly do the DRL relocation wiring. As things progress I'll post up my thoughts and feedback on the various products and post pics as well.

Thanks again to everyone for the great welcome to the Colorado community!

Tony

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I wanted to update my post as I mentioned I would post up some pics once the step bars were installed. Here is a pic of the truck from today with the step bars added and the rock sliders removed. The process was super simple and like it has been mentioned before, took about 20 minutes per side.

Tony

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.