Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new guy here so i figured i would introduce myself and my truck.

It's a 2017 V6 CCSB Z71 with as far as i know pretty much every option. I just needed a 4x4 for work and went in to drive a Z71 Silverado and liked it until i saw those payments haha. The guy then brought out this z71 Colorado and the wife and i both loved the truck and the price was much better so we ended up getting it.

This is my first truck, and i'm still researching and learning everything i can about it. My wife and i have been road racing for years, so i have engine tuning experience, chassis tuning experience, brakes, suspension, tires, if you can name it i have wrenched on it ... don't know the first thing about trucks or off roading though, so i'm eager to learn what all this little guy has to offer.

So far i love the thing. I'll be honest, i have always been a Ford guy, and while the F-150s are awesome trucks, the interior just didn't do it for me which is why i was willing to make the jump to Chevy.

I believe in searching, so trust me, i am pouring over this forum to learn what i can because if there's anything i have learned on other forums, there is nothing that irritates me more than hundreds of the same threads over and over and over again...

That being said, if anyone wants to throw me a bone, the topics i am currently researching are:

1. V4 mode ... mine almost literally never goes into v4 mode. It's hilly here, but the speed / load window for v4 mode has got to be just super small.

2. Coolers. I don't do any sort of hard core off road (yet? ...) and i have no need to tow anything since my recent job and move have put our racing on hold, but i'm researching if the Truck has differential and / or transmission coolers. It appears the car has a trans cooler, but i haven't seen anything about the diff(s) and transfer case. Once i have the car in my garage back in 1 piece instead of 100 i plan on taking the Colorado in and really checking it out.

3. Transfer case oil? Again, since we have been racing for years i put all my cars on a religious maintenance schedule, and as soon as the truck hits 1000 miles i'm replacing all fluids in it. The engine oil will get changed and i'm going to dissect the filter and check for break in "pearl." Anyone who has ever built a motor will know what i'm looking for. I know that motors apparently go through a break in at the factory nowadays, but i plan on having this thing forever, so i don't mind some cheap insurance up front.
I will also be placing Redline fluids in both the front and rear diff, but again having never owned a 4x4 i am going to look and see if there is transfer case oil? If that's a thing, that will get changed too.

All in all i look forward to learning what i can here. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Great truck looks like you?ll take care of her well but push it to the limits I got into redline1+ yr ago and like their fluids just replaced on my Colorado?s differential and transmission I swear my transmission temperature is 10+ degrees colder

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.