Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,061 Posts
That's a cool option for those who don't plan on using them as sliders but off-road enough that the slider type of protection would come in handy occassionally. They would provide much better protection and rigidity than the ZR2 or Tyger Star Armor units. People who off-road a lot would be better served with weld-on sliders though. Good to see more options!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a cool option for those who don't plan on using them as sliders but off-road enough that the slider type of protection would come in handy occassionally. They would provide much better protection and rigidity than the ZR2 or Tyger Star Armor units. People who off-road a lot would be better served with weld-on sliders though. Good to see more options!
I agree except with weld on sliders. I will never do that again. Frame mounted rock sliders is what i am interested in. That a look at their website. The sliders they make for the taco is what i want.

·
Super Moderator
4,061 Posts
I agree except with weld on sliders. I will never do that again. Frame mounted rock sliders is what i am interested in. That a look at their website. The sliders they make for the taco is what i want.
I meant weld on the frame rockers. I don't want to drill a bunch of holes through that. lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
I asked about them making sliders for the long wheelbase and received this response:

"I don't know if we'll make sliders for the long-wheelbase anytime soon, and I'm not sure the other ones will fit at all because the mounting locations might be in different spots.
We might be doing front and rear bumpers this year so keep an eye out!
Thanks"

From everything I know about the differences in wheelbase and frames, I would think the short ones would fit, just with incomplete coverage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts