Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife & I decided to buy a Fiberglass Camper ( Lil Snoozy ) but we drive a 2013 Prius. Found out there is a 10 to 12 month back log on orders. So figured we had that much time to get a tow vehicle.
Before we drove down to South Carolina to place our order we stopped by the Chevrolet dealer on a Sunday to get a idea how much a tow vehicle would cost. We were surprised to say the least.
But they had a 2015 Colorado LT with V6, & 27K miles on it with the tow package for $28K. After looking around the internet for used trucks, for our $15k budget, most were junk. So I went to the dealership the next day to try to work out a deal. The best they would do was 20K with my Prius as a trade in. I gave up & told them I had to pick up the wife. They said take the truck & bring her back maybe we can work something out. I warned them, she likes to save money. When we got back I introduced her & left her with them. After about a hour the door opened, and we had a truck for $15K & 1% lower on our loan.
We drove the truck to South Carolina & our mileage was 24 to 30 mpg. I really loved my Prius & would of averaged 55 to 58 MPG at 70 miles per hour. BUT this truck is very nice & love the easy use of Mylink. It rides nice & has plenty of power. Very pleased. The option to play Movies is awesome.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just purchased a '15 WT last week. Traded in my TJ Wrangler. I loved the Jeep, but needed capacity, and it was starting to develop death-wobble. I don't want to pay for lumber etc. delivery and the wife said "no" to having a flat-bed trailer sitting in the back yard to mow around. So far I'm happy. The Colorado gets better mileage (~22 so far compared to >18 on the Jeep), much smoother ride, much faster acceleration. The only things I think I'll really miss are the Jeep's simplicity, ability to mod, and being fearless about receiving damage (had 3 low-speed collisions in DC metro area traffic with idiots who hit my Jeep with no damage to me, but much to them, lol). I don't foresee myself attempting any rock-climbing in the Colorado.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.