Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so it looks like i'm going to be geing my first vehicle soon!!! i'll be leaseing a 2008 chevy colorado z71 exended cab. it will be base as it come but with the i5. the only option i'm getting is te sliding rear window. no pwr and a bench!
i'm really excited prolly putting my order in may so i'll have by my 21st birthday! (i don't drink an drive) anything i should know about these things that i may not know already?
and anyone in the widsor area want to go wheeling in a few months?!?
thanks

·
Registered
362 Posts
Good luck with your lease! It sounds like you know what you want. What color are you ordering?

Any questions you may have are probably answered several times in these forums, just take a few hours and do some reading. The search engine can return tons of results on specific topics.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not too sure on the colour. mabey that new dark red, sanoma red i think it is. not sure though

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Remember when you Lease, you are limited on how many mile you can drive, and mods you do to the truck. Because when lease is up ANY damage, mods, exesive mileage, they will charge you for them,

So, when you turn in the truck, it must look factory when you bought it. they will even charge you if there is stains on the seats or carpet

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i plan on going low milagelease and buying out afterwards so mods and mileage won't be an issue. but i don't think i'll hve the green to put mods on while i save up to buy.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
This idea can work. I'm leasing a 2007 mitsubishi eclipse for 300 bucks a month including taxes and fees with no money down for 5 years, thats 18 grand and the buy out is $8600 bucks, so thats a total of $26,600.00. The sticker on the car was $27K and they dont negotiate too much off the sticker on rice burners. But then you deduct out the aprox. 2 grand in taxes and doc fees and its as if I paid $24.6k for the car. Then the real good news is currently a five year old Eclipse goes for around 10 or 11 grand, so even if I sell outright after the lease I may come out with another 2 grand which is like I paid $22.6 k for the car and this is without having to put a bunch of money up front, you gotta figure in around 2 k for the time value of money (interest over the 5 years) and its then like I got the car for $20.6K, thats like 7 grand less than sticker, not a bad deal.
I had never thought about leasing a car before, but with this deal, I could not turn it down plus the lease payments are tax deductable if I use the car as a business expense.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts