Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
One thing to keep in mind is when you lift the front end, the wheels will actually go closer to the engine so a non-stock offset on wheels can help reduce rubbing. That's what I found anyway with the Bilstein shocks. So having 0mm offset on my Method wheels seemed to fit on the truck perfect with a 2 inch lift.

what size tire are you running?

another questioni, what does the brand of shock have to do with rubbing?

Reactions: White016

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
The stock wheels are +33 offset. Positive offset means the wheels will be tucked in as shown in the diagram above posted by White016. The less the offset, the further out wheels stick. So negative will stick out a lot. Here's a good explanation on offset:

I would also use this website to use for looking for wheels and tires and the gallery to see what people have done before. You can also look through both these posts for ideas and information:

One thing to keep in mind is when you lift the front end, the wheels will actually go closer to the engine so a non-stock offset on wheels can help reduce rubbing. That's what I found anyway with the Bilstein shocks. So having 0mm offset on my Method wheels seemed to fit on the truck perfect with a 2 inch lift.
Not for me, the 0 offset wheels were worse than stock even after the 2.5 lift. (fenders).....Yes it will help with frame rub but that is not a big deal, won't hurt anything.

·
Registered
22 Posts
what size tire are you running?

another questioni, what does the brand of shock have to do with rubbing?
I'm running 265/70/17. I don't think shock brand is a factor, but rather the taller shock relative to the stance. Looking at the front of my truck, I noticed once my new shocks were on, the wheels went inward an inch or so. The 0mm offset wheels corrected this for me by pushing them back outward. White016 had a different experience though so to each their own.

I also added these fender relocation brackets, which helped with turn clearance within the wheel well:

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
I'm running 265/70/17. I don't think shock brand is a factor, but rather the taller shock relative to the stance. Looking at the front of my truck, I noticed once my new shocks were on, the wheels went inward an inch or so. The 0mm offset wheels corrected this for me by pushing them back outward. White016 had a different experience though so to each their own.

I also added these fender relocation brackets, which helped with turn clearance within the wheel well:
Yes they will go in a bit, but this helps with fender rub.

·
Registered
5,037 Posts

oh, so not actually a shock , you went to a taller strut to gain some lift. I thought you just changed the shock to a different brand the oem...

on the first gen truck, a lot of guys added a 1/2inch spacer when they lifted to have the front and back the same...as the tire would tuck in

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
to the OP, go to this thread and see what the last guy just posted aa few minutes ago

see post #305

·
Registered
22 Posts
oh, so not actually a shock , you went to a taller strut to gain some lift. I thought you just changed the shock to a different brand the oem...

on the first gen truck, a lot of guys added a 1/2inch spacer when they lifted to have the front and back the same...as the tire would tuck in
Yes sorry I meant strut

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
to the OP, go to this thread and see what the last guy just posted aa few minutes ago

see post #305

Looks like they might fit then!!! That’s good news. Thanks for finding that

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Like black? These guys are great, awesome service. I got PVD chrome from them. I did the stock 17s
Problem is you don't have trade in wheels, they want the aluminum ones back. Not sure how much more that would be.
If you like polished, there are some good looking Denali wheels out there I think.
Maybe you should look into trimming the fenders, there is lots of info here about that too.

I do like them, but I want some aftermarket. I just a post where they had the 265/70/17 and guy had about .5 an inch smaller than my lift, and had no rub... I think I’m going to risk it and go for it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
21 - 30 of 30 Posts