Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2020 Colorado RWD v6. I bought a 3” front lift and 2” back lift. Since I’m knew to this I was wondering if anyone can point me out to tires and wheels that will fit nice on this lift and WONT rub. Please help I was told 17x8.5 Fuel Hostage on Gladiator Xcomp AT - LT265-70R17 will be perfect. Not sure

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just bought a 2020 Colorado RWD v6. I bought a 3” front lift and 2” back lift. Since I’m knew to this I was wondering if anyone can point me out to tires and wheels that will fit nice on this lift and WONT rub. Please help I was told 17x8.5 Fuel Hostage on Gladiator Xcomp AT - LT265-70R17 will be perfect. Not sure
I just bought BF Goodrich KO2 A/T 265/70R17s for 17x8.5 Method MR701 0mm Offset wheels. I did the 2” leveling shocks in the front from Bilstein. Nothing different in the back. I used fender relocation brackets to move the front of the front fenders forward. It replaces the stock waffle. This gave me extra clearance. I do get a very slight rub at full lock on the left side turning left or backing up from the left. It’s on the frame on the back side of the strut. It rarely happens though.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
I like the look of those tires and a pretty good price at 130 bucks each, but man they are heavy, specs show 61lbs a piece
stock tires are 36lbs they are made for a full size truck doing some heavy hauliing or heavy rock crawling

Cross Section Width265 mm
Aspect Ratio70 %
Rim Diameter17 in
Tire DiameterN/A
Load Index121/118
Speed RatingS 112mph (180km/h)
Ply Rating10
SidewallRWL
UTQGN/A
Load Capacity (Single)N/A
Load Capacity (Dual)N/A
Tread Depth15.0
Weight61 lbs

Reactions: Skidog and White016

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah that’s pretty heavy, what do you think would be better for those fuel rims then? Also I’ve seen a few post about the size but no one has a similar lift as me... so my question is almost imposible to be found. I just can’t have rub, not trying to spend more money lol

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
Yeah that’s pretty heavy, what do you think would be better for those fuel rims then? Also I’ve seen a few post about the size but no one has a similar lift as me... so my question is almost imposible to be found. I just can’t have rub, not trying to spend more money lol
You can go up maybe an inch in tire diameter. Surprisingly the lift doesn't help much and the wheels with more offset make the rubbing worse. 2WD right?
Americas tire will test fit for you, take advantage of it.
To compare tire sizes to find diameter tiresize.com works well.
Get that lift on it, align, then go see a tire pro when you think you have it figured out pretty close.

Reactions: Skidog and Hunter62

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can go up maybe an inch in tire diameter. Surprisingly the lift doesn't help much and the wheels with more offset make the rubbing worse. 2WD right?
Americas tire will test fit for you, take advantage of it.
To compare tire sizes to find diameter tiresize.com works well.
Get that lift on it, align, then go see a tire pro when you think you have it figured out pretty close.
Spacers won’t help either? And yeah 2wd with a 3” front and 2” rear lift. Should I do a negative offset ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just bought BF Goodrich KO2 A/T 265/70R17s for 17x8.5 Method MR701 0mm Offset wheels. I did the 2” leveling shocks in the front from Bilstein. Nothing different in the back. I used fender relocation brackets to move the front of the front fenders forward. It replaces the stock waffle. This gave me extra clearance. I do get a very slight rub at full lock on the left side turning left or backing up from the left. It’s on the frame on the back side of the strut. It rarely happens though.
You think since my truck is slightly taller. And I have spacers maybe with those wheels I won’t rub?

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
they will rub worse, you will be increasing your turning radius and what rubs is the outside edge of tire on the front and back of front wheel wells.

if not going rock crawling get a P-rated or c-d rated tire, should get 40-44lb tires.. LT's are heavy

Reactions: White016

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
Spacers won’t help either? And yeah 2wd with a 3” front and 2” rear lift. Should I do a negative offset ?
Just like the wheels, they make it worse. Stock wheels are the best for fender rubbing. I seriously doubt you will find a wheel with an offset like the stock. I think it works the other way, you want positive offset. Stock have positive offset, aftermarket's seem to be pretty centered or negative.
I used to have aftermarkets, I got them before my lift and with the stock tires. I then did the lift and got my 270/70-17s then the rubbing was BAD. I trimmed and got it worked out. I got tired of black wheels and went chrome stock wheels, all of a sudden more room and I was able to put mud guards on too.
I'm sure the aftermarket wheels are like that so they fit more trucks. I suppose you could look up or measure the stock offset and try to find wheels like them but I seriously doubt they exist.
I went with a coated stock wheel (chrome) They do black chrome now which is cool if you like black.
I don't know what look you are going for but for the largest tire as possible the stock wheel is best.

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
here:: Negative sticks out more and causes problems. I know it doesn't seem like it would but it does.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you think if I go p265/70/16 would good stupid on my lift ? That’s the stock size for my truck. Maybe get some nice rims and it shouldn’t look that bad

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just like the wheels, they make it worse. Stock wheels are the best for fender rubbing. I seriously doubt you will find a wheel with an offset like the stock. I think it works the other way, you want positive offset. Stock have positive offset, aftermarket's seem to be pretty centered or negative.
I used to have aftermarkets, I got them before my lift and with the stock tires. I then did the lift and got my 270/70-17s then the rubbing was BAD. I trimmed and got it worked out. I got tired of black wheels and went chrome stock wheels, all of a sudden more room and I was able to put mud guards on too.
I'm sure the aftermarket wheels are like that so they fit more trucks. I suppose you could look up or measure the stock offset and try to find wheels like them but I seriously doubt they exist.
I went with a coated stock wheel (chrome) They do black chrome now which is cool if you like black.
I don't know what look you are going for but for the largest tire as possible the stock wheel is best.
Also if that 265/70r17 is my stock size why would it rub even if I lift. Again this maybe a really simple answer, just not experienced on this

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Those tires will fit on stock wheels just fine, once you push the wheel/tires out(off-set) from stock, the outside edge of tire will be further out when turning

what is wrong with your stock wheels? If you want black, just plasti-dip them

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Their ugly work truck wheels, I want some nice rims and a decent aggressive tire. I’m the lifting the truck, need something nice. I’ll call some tire places and get some info from them. I really appreciate the help bro. Helped me out tremendously

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Stock wheels are a +33 off-set look for some around +15 or so, most aftermarket are 0 off-set

Reactions: White016

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
Stock wheels are a -33 off-set look for some around -15 or so, most aftermarket are 0 off-set
I'm confused I guess, I thought stocks are positive offset?? I know my old aftermarket wheels were 0, and they rubbed bad before my trimming/modding with my larger tires.

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
Do you think if I go p265/70/16 would good stupid on my lift ? That’s the stock size for my truck. Maybe get some nice rims and it shouldn’t look that bad
They will look small after the lift.

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
Their ugly work truck wheels, I want some nice rims and a decent aggressive tire. I’m the lifting the truck, need something nice. I’ll call some tire places and get some info from them. I really appreciate the help bro. Helped me out tremendously
Like black? These guys are great, awesome service. I got PVD chrome from them. I did the stock 17s
Problem is you don't have trade in wheels, they want the aluminum ones back. Not sure how much more that would be.
If you like polished, there are some good looking Denali wheels out there I think.
Maybe you should look into trimming the fenders, there is lots of info here about that too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The stock wheels are +33 offset. Positive offset means the wheels will be tucked in as shown in the diagram above posted by White016. The less the offset, the further out wheels stick. So negative will stick out a lot. Here's a good explanation on offset:

I would also use this website to use for looking for wheels and tires and the gallery to see what people have done before. You can also look through both these posts for ideas and information:

One thing to keep in mind is when you lift the front end, the wheels will actually go closer to the engine so a non-stock offset on wheels can help reduce rubbing. That's what I found anyway with the Bilstein shocks. So having 0mm offset on my Method wheels seemed to fit on the truck perfect with a 2 inch lift.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think it would still look good...just not as good as 265/70/17 IMHO. If you're doing a three inch lift on the front then I would expect the 17x8.5 Fuel Hostage 0mm offset would be ok. It would also depend on what you're doing with the truck. If you're going more for a look and will be driving on the road mostly, then yeah I wouldn't be worried about rubbing. If you plan on doing some off-roading then I think others would have to comment on the chances of rubbing. My setup is for a daily driver and I don't plan on doing much off-roading.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts