Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my tires and wheels on today. Moto 18" 951 with 4.5 back space.
Nitto Grapplers 285x60's and nerf bars. Thanks for all the help guys!!


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
324 Posts
Looks Real good, What kind of bars are those?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Factory GM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
324 Posts
I like them they look like they fit tighter to the cab than others I have seen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
boycan said:
I like them they look like they fit tighter to the cab than others I have seen.
Yea they fit very close to the cab. Right now my truck is at the height they kinda get in the way. If I dont use then I have to step up into the truck and drap my leg over then. and when I do use them then I have to duck down to get into the cab. But I think they look nice :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
324 Posts
kcsport said:
boycan said:
I like them they look like they fit tighter to the cab than others I have seen.
Yea they fit very close to the cab. Right now my truck is at the height they kinda get in the way. If I dont use then I have to step up into the truck and drap my leg over then. and when I do use them then I have to duck down to get into the cab. But I think they look nice :wink:
Ya I think they look real nice and tight, the rest of the ones I have looked at look like you loose a substantial amount of clearance? I may be wrong mostly just looking at Pix haven't seen many up close.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
I usually don't use my nerf bars on my truck getting in/out, but they do come in handy to have something to knock the dirt and snow off your boots before you get in the truck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,345 Posts
kcsport said:
Right now my truck is at the height they kinda get in the way. If I dont use then I have to step up into the truck and drap my leg over then. and when I do use them then I have to duck down to get into the cab.
I'm 6'1" so I don't have much trouble getting in mine, but like you said, my bars rubbed my leg getting out until I figured out how to do it. You kinda have to get out like a girl (don't tell anyone I said that :oops:) You can swing your left leg out past the bar, then kinda rest your right heel on the bar as you push yourself out of the truck. I wear a lot of good clothes for work and have yet to damage any by using this method. :wink:

I'm with you on the head bumping though. My bars are for two things: kids/wife (i.e. short people), and protection. I was impressed this Summer when my truck slid off a rock into a tree up in the Sierras. No damage whatsoever, not even to the aluminum nerf bars. Without 'em, I'd have been making a visit to the body shop.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
i see u burnt a lil rubber in your driveway. lol nice
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tatman said:
i see u burnt a lil rubber in your driveway. lol nice
Thats were I was turning the front wheels back and forth to trim the front airdam. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
boycan said:
I like them they look like they fit tighter to the cab than others I have seen.
westins fit tight as well


Nice looking truck.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top