Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to the forums but def not new to the Colorado. I have been reading on here for a couple of weeks now. I am putting my new system in the truck very soon as all of the parts on en route. I will be installing a single 10" Kicker CRV in the supercrewsound box. All factory speakers will be replaced with Infinity Kappa 3-ways and ran off of a Kenwood 800 watt 4 channel. Just figured I would catch ya up. Anyways, I was wondering if someone could explain to me exactly which parts I need to make the factory chimes and other things work properly. I have heard there are extra parts needed to make everything work as if the factory radio were still installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, let me know what you think of the setup. I know the CVR is low end, but you are limited in that box. I will make up for it with wiring and amp control. Thanks guys!

TweeterGibson

·
Registered
545 Posts
If you have OnStar, you will have to use the GMOS-01 like i did.

the setup sounds good. you could do like a few people did and get a fiberglass box between the center console and the rear middle seat. that way you can get a better or even bigger sub there. this is custom made tho. at one time JustinS was making them, he may or may not still be doing it.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Sounds good man!! As shorty said you will need the gmos01, thats it to keep the factory chimes. downside is it cost anywhere from 50 to 100 bux

·
Registered
12 Posts
it is also possible to make a wood sub box between the center console and the rear middle seat. Small airspace if you don't want to compromise much leg room. I just did it this weekend and it gives you approx .8cft of air space but allows a fairly deep mounted sub.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I was going to go with something bigger, but bass is the least of my concern. Dont get me wrong, I love it, but clarity is what's most important to me. I would rather put more time/money into the highs. Anyways, where can I get that GMOS-01? Should I just get it from the local install guy? Or ebay? THanks for the help guys

·
Registered
545 Posts
i got mine from crutchfield. it was like 115 bucks tho :( try ebay. there is soldering to do btw. its not just plug and play.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts