Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thanks to kcsport for hooking me up with his old rims/tires

sadly, the tires are WAAAAY too big for my suspension (they're 31x10, ******* things hit the bumper brackets if i turn too hard, lol) so in the next day or 2 im gonna hit discount tire n' get a set of stock sized ones (205/75/15) its a pity these are too large, they look ******* badass, and have practically no wear on em

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Hahah Looks badass man!! I say keep em ;). Lift time??

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i cant afford a lift, lol...well, i might be able to afford the kit, but i sure as hell cant afford the labor to put it on (not even gonna try doin that **** myself)

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
TB crank and shackles, costs under 100 bucks to get roughly a 2" lift.

Just a thought ;)

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont have a z71, so no torsion bars to crank...a 2wd lift costs well over $700 (not including labor), whereas tires run me bout $500....also a lift can **** with my warranty, n' i dont want to have to fight with the dealership every time i need work done

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
About fsking time!!!! Good god those steelies are hideous!

WTH?? Don't go with 205/75's.......$h*t, that's what's one those steelies.

Just get a set of those 2" lift springs and a buddy to help you swap the coils. It's not that hard. The only specialty tool you'd need is a spring compressor. Air helps, but you can still manage without it.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its a nice idea, but i dont got the time or money to spend on that kinda **** right now. i need my truck running smoothly asap, lifting it would just take too much extra time n' money

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I'm just down the road. I'll help ya! You working this weekend. I have all the tools we'll need. You just need some spings and shackles.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
please do not put 205's back on there

if you really dont want to lift it, just get some 30x9.5's...they'll fit perfect

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
JustinS said:
I'm just down the road. I'll help ya! You working this weekend. I have all the tools we'll need. You just need some spings and shackles.
how much would that cost? im off work saturday...

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
All you need to have right away would be some lift springs(2 in I guess). I don't know if any one makes coil spacers to be used to lift that high? We could knock out the front in a few hours. I'm free saturday.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
where's the best place to get lift springs? lol i dont know anything bout lifts...do i have to order em, or could it possibly be bought at a local shop?

and how much would they cost?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
wow, those are pretty cheap, but im also worried bout the gas milage a lift is gonna cost me, lol...decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
im thinkin just go with a 225/75/15 on account of the fact that the local chevy dealership technicians are god damn retarded. i asked how much to recalibrate my speedometer for the 31's, n' this asshole actually told me 'we cant do that' so i asked him bout a 255/75/15 tire, and a 265/75/15 he says 'thats still too big, we couldn't do either of those'

i laughed and told him "you realize thats the size the z71 models come with from the FACTORY?" n' he just went into a pile of bullshit about how tire size is calculated...blah blah blah...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts