Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an email from the dealer I bought my truck from saying there is an open recall on it. Since they're out of state for me, they recommended I go to a local dealer right away. So I looked it up, and this is the recall:

GM Program #:N172109010

Date Issued:Aug 10, 2017

Program Title:

Owner Manual Doesn't Include Integrated Trailer Brake Control Content

Program Description:

Certain 2016 and 2017 model year Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon vehicles, equipped with an Integrated Trailer Brake Controller (JL1), may have an owner manual that is missing instructions for use of the Integrated Trailer Brake Controller.

Repair Description:

Print and insert revised owner manual pages included in this bulletin.

Sooooo, why not just print out the info and just mail it to me? Too easy?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Got an email from the dealer I bought my truck from saying there is an open recall on it. Since they're out of state for me, they recommended I go to a local dealer right away. So I looked it up, and this is the recall:

GM Program #:N172109010

Date Issued:Aug 10, 2017

Program Title:

Owner Manual Doesn't Include Integrated Trailer Brake Control Content

Program Description:

Certain 2016 and 2017 model year Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon vehicles, equipped with an Integrated Trailer Brake Controller (JL1), may have an owner manual that is missing instructions for use of the Integrated Trailer Brake Controller.

Repair Description:

Print and insert revised owner manual pages included in this bulletin.

Sooooo, why not just print out the info and just mail it to me? Too easy?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That's why they won't send it to you in the mail, because that WOULD be too easy. Nothing like trying to complicate things. Way to go GM...:laugh:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Got the same notice here. Stupidest part is the "Download and Print" it statement when I don't see a way to "Download and Print". I could care less of the update, I just want to flag it resolved cause it still shows up as a notification in the app..

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I looked in my manual but can't find it? Can someone tell me where it is not suppose to be in the manual? I want to verify it's NOT there before I drive to my dealer demanding a new complete manual! ***Stupid*** I would be pissed if I was told to go to any dealer to get this "fixed"

Breath in..........Breath out...........Move on.

Gusto

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
My dealer gives you a bacon and egg breakfast every time you come in for service. Looks like I'll be getting another one when I come in for my "recall". :wink2:

Reactions: MaineMan

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
My dealer gives you a bacon and egg breakfast every time you come in for service. Looks like I'll be getting another one when I come in for my "recall". :wink2:

And to think, you'll have wrapping paper if you don't eat it all...........

Gusto

·
Registered
38 Posts
Took my collie in for scheduled service and the dealer put in the professionally printed version in my owners manual. And yes, I am too cheap to waste my paper.

·
Registered
325 Posts
At my last service the dealer notified me of the recall. My truck wasn't yet called in specifically for the recall though. I received the Integrated Trailer Brake Control manual update in the mail from GM in less than a couple weeks. Proper print, manual sized and stapled, it just slots in the factory owners manual. Done. No big deal there.

Nowadays, I actually understand why manufacturers would do this recall over a few omitted pages or stickers for that matter. All it takes is for one person to make a claim that they weren't properly notified when an issue arises.... and cue the lawyers.

The dealer probably has to scan the vehicle VIN to be officially recalled. I wouldn't make a special trip though. YMMV.

GM playing CYA.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Some ignorant snowflake will crash their truck and trailer and instead of taking responibility for their stupidity will call a lawyer trying to get FREE MONEY for their “pain and suffering” because the manual didn’t explain the brake controller...

Entitled freeloader scumbags suck.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Got mine in the mail also...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.