Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

New Programmers?

13K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  extremity 
#1 ·
Hey im curious if anyone has used the hypertech or diablosport programmer for their 08+ 3.7L? If so ur thoughts? I know dyno tune is best but i live in ca and i really like the fact i can put it to stock. Used superchips on my last truck with awesome success. New truck new to the forum and thanks in advance:-D

#2 ·
From what I understand, none of them have worked in these trucks. The PCM is locked and requires the bigger programs in a laptop to unlock and edit the tables. Someone had the Diablosport programmer and all it did was allow him to see some of the functions like an OBDII scanner.

#3 · (Edited)
Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

The Max Energy Programmer by Hypertech is a dyno tune and works fine. It does the engine tuning for regular or premium fuel. It will adjust the top speed limiter up or down. You can adjust shift points, shift firmness, rev limiter and recalibrates the speedometer & odometer to correct for aftermarket tires or gears. Here is a link to the dyno chart: http://192.168.20.2/PublishedGraphs/GM%20PPIV/3%207L_2008-2012%20Colorado_Canyon_H3_H3T_32501.pdf

Any question contact Gary at Hypertech.

#6 ·
diablo sport tuner

I have a diable sport tuner and it works great. It saves the orignal tune so you can restore it (warranty issues). It allows modifications of every parameter and it does unlock the original factory tune. It did have teething problems but it works great now. You can read and clear trouble codes on any OBD 2 car not just the one with the tune.

#9 · (Edited)
I have a diable sport tuner and it works great. It saves the orignal tune so you can restore it (warranty issues). It allows modifications of every parameter and it does unlock the original factory tune. It did have teething problems but it works great now. You can read and clear trouble codes on any OBD 2 car not just the one with the tune.
Do you mean "Diablosport inTune" (i-1000)?

The product on the product page looks similar to a touchscreen smartphone. They seem to be listing that or, or a "Trinity".

Still quite spendy....

http://diablosport.shptron.com/products/productdetail/inTune/part_number=I-1000/617.0.1.1.0.0.0.0.0?

#8 ·
There have been rumors that a dealer can tell if a tune has changed even if it is returned to stock. there is some reference to mapping odom. readings?? But if you return it to stock settings who knows it could just be propaganda?? But being able to change your TCM settings for pressure, removing most if not all traction control (why do i need the ECM to reduce power by 20 to 30 percent when I have the G80 locker), etc. This programmer allows for tire changes and gear changes, CAI and exhaust changes.

#13 ·
The ECM stores data and program ID numbers for the last 10 programs, if it has never been reprogrammed or flashed there will be 9 blank spaces after the current program, GM is getting picky lately about replacing engines, especially 5.3s, we have to send a copy of this info in to GM to get a replacement authorized.

#10 ·
Yes, it is a diablo intune i1000 that I have. Bought it at autoanything with a 15% off coupon no tax and free shipping approx 225. It comes with a USB cable and a OBDII cable. Ok color touch screen, you program and remove it. It can data log information if you leave it connected, but limited according to the users group.

#12 ·
I have the Ultragauge already which reads trouble codes. Definitely a worth while purchase for that as well as everything else it does.

$225 is way better than $400. I'd be pretty interested. I'm mostly concerned with correcting my speed-o and shift points. Any other benefits such as increase performance is just a positive.

Thanks for the heads up.

#14 ·
Zombie thread...

#15 ·
I have the diablosport i1000 for my 5.3 and love it. Big improvement for the stock tune also like to play around with the shift points and pressure. The code reader is a definite bonus i got mine for 180 bucks on ebay. probable the best 180 buck i have spenton my truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.