Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Congrats on your new truck, welcome to CF’s!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Welcome to the fourm! Congrats on the new truck!

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Greetings/Welcome from East-Central NE...sit down, log-in & enjoy the ride!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I was really excited to downsize to the Colorado. I traded in a Sierra Z71. I got sick of not being able to park the full sized truck in tight spots.

·
Registered
497 Posts
YAY!!! Another hard to find fellow extended cab owner!! Must not have wanted to downsize the bed anymore that he had to after coming from a Sierra. I get by fine with my extended cab since it is just me 98% of the time with just the girlfriend occasionally. I might have gone for a crew if they had a little more leg room for my tall grown up kids. They fit great in the back of my Equinox. Welcome aboard!!!

Reactions: mpack

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The bed on my Z71 was shorter. I had the crew cab on that one with the 5 3/4 foot bed. Like you, I spend most of my time in the truck by myself so the longer bed/smaller cab was for me. Two of my kids are adults and the baby is 14 so bed length was more important to me than a back seat. Also, the full sized truck grew stale very quick. Parking it in tight spots was a huge pain. I owned a Dakota before the GMC and loved the smaller truck. The selling point of the Colorado for me was the 7000lb towing capacity. I needed to be able to tow a race car to my local short track. The Colorado fits the bill perfectly.

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
1,734 Posts
Well Congratulations on the new Colorado and welcome to the site.

·
Registered
4 Posts
YAY!!! Another hard to find fellow extended cab owner!! Must not have wanted to downsize the bed anymore that he had to after coming from a Sierra. I get by fine with my extended cab since it is just me 98% of the time with just the girlfriend occasionally. I might have gone for a crew if they had a little more leg room for my tall grown up kids. They fit great in the back of my Equinox. Welcome aboard!!!
I just joined this forum. And am also an extended cab owner. I’m just getting into mods for truck. Have you put anything on it yet. I’m curious to find other extended cab owners and what they have done?

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
1,734 Posts
I just joined this forum. And am also an extended cab owner. I’m just getting into mods for truck. Have you put anything on it yet. I’m curious to find other extended cab owners and what they have done?
I have a 2017 Colorado Extended Cab Z71.
I have put on my truck Hitch Reverse Lights, Ultra Flex Tonneau Cover, Bedrug, Carhartt seat covers, WeatherTech (Floorliners, window deflectors, mudflaps, Bump Step XL, hood protector and sunshade) Anzo (LED taillights and 3rd brake light), Auxbeam (Headlights and Driving/Fog light bulbs), K & N air filter and Uniden dash cam.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts