Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I spotted this truck at a dealer. This must be a new 2017 option. Look at the $635.00 option on the sticker. I haven't seen it mentioned here before. It says it is dealer installed like the side steps would be. Does that mean they actually shipped the truck with no grille installed? Seems unlikely.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,623 Posts
Yes, that is what it means. They ship it and the dealer puts it on the truck.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Yeah...I don't like this option either. The price is one thing, but it does not look right. If you are going to go body colored grill, the mirrors and rear bumper should follow suite, like on my All Terrain.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I spotted this truck at a dealer. This must be a new 2017 option. Look at the $635.00 option on the sticker. I haven't seen it mentioned here before. It says it is dealer installed like the side steps would be. Does that mean they actually shipped the truck with no grille installed? Seems unlikely.
Looking at that sticker --- appears the Bose and Factory Spray-on Liner prices both went north also. I'm pretty sure my 2016 price on those was an even $500 each as an option. And I prefer my chrome grill as well:smile2:

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Looking at that sticker --- appears the Bose and Factory Spray-on Liner prices both went north also. I'm pretty sure my 2016 price on those was an even $500 each as an option. And I prefer my chrome grill as well:smile2:
Actually it was the truck that went north. It's in Canada so, higher prices. No, I don't like that option either, I'm sure many here noticed that truck is an SLT which makes that option unusual so I thought it would be interesting to point out.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have to agree. I like the SLT chrome grill, looks more traditional GMC to me. Compared to a buddies All Terrain the full chrome grill makes the front end look much bigger to me as well. I'll be keeping mine.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Looks like the normal accessory "body colored grille" for the Onyx Black it is part # 23321754, other colors can be seen on the Accessories page on GMC's site. In the US, it's $495, but I'm not sure how many loonies that should be.

The truck shipped with the Chrome grille, then the dealer took it off, and installed this one. They are probably going to sell the chrome grille to someone else. I paid $6 to black out my grille and lower valence, and other than it being a color matched part, I don't see why you would pay $500 US to get this. The SLT is chromed out and needs to have the chrome balanced on the truck, and with this, they mess it all up.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Actually it was the truck that went north. It's in Canada so, higher prices. No, I don't like that option either, I'm sure many here noticed that truck is an SLT which makes that option unusual so I thought it would be interesting to point out.
Very good point, 404 --- Thanks for clarifying that! I forget that this is a global truck.... that's how I started tracking it long before they built it here. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The truck shipped with the Chrome grille, then the dealer took it off, and installed this one. They are probably going to sell the chrome grille to someone else.
I agree that's exactly it. Seems to me that vehicles are sometimes ordered this way as dealer stock just to nudge the profits up a little. The buyer probably won't notice that option or won't care as long as be likes the truck. Someone will smash their grill and a new one will be right in stock or maybe buy it to spruce up a base truck..

·
Registered
49 Posts
if anyone is looking to buy a chrome canyon grille im taking mine off in a couple of weeks .i bought a color matched one but i blacked out the horizontal slats.just waiting for the weather to stay in the 70's

·
Registered
2019 GMC Canyon
19 Posts
I am working to de chrome my Canyon and found a new body colored grille for a great price, so I grabbed it. I now just have to have warm and clear enough weather to take off the front of my truck to do the swap. If anyone is interested in buying my chrome grille and can wait a while :) PM me. The grille I got looks like the one in this picture, but my GMC logo is carbon fiber black .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts