Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just replaced the OEM goodyear tires and allow wheels on my 2019 LT CC, and boy does she look better now. I'm excited to try out these LTX defenders! I upsized slightly to 255/70/R17 and it looks great, no rub so far, but it's still early.

Anyone else running with the defenders?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I have used 3 sets of Michelin LTX M/S in 2 trucks. Best all around tires I've ever used.

The Defender is a "new" tire, with a different rubber compound. The tread pattern on the new tire is the same, though. I would expect performance to be about the same.

·
Premium Member
3,419 Posts
Thats what Im getting after I go through all the take-off Wranglers Ive bought

Reactions: heyheycolorado

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have used 3 sets of Michelin LTX M/S in 2 trucks. Best all around tires I've ever used.

The Defender is a "new" tire, with a different rubber compound. The tread pattern on the new tire is the same, though. I would expect performance to be about the same.
Your excellent review sold me on these tires, so thanks! I'm planning on taking this truck up to Alaska too, so hopefully the new compound can be as good as the old one. I took it up to the mountains a few weeks ago and it did great in the snow, so that's a good sign. :)

·
Registered
979 Posts
Thanks!

Thanks! The guys I bought the wheels from said he got them powder coated in a gun-metal grey type of color, so something close to that. I think it looks pretty dang good with my shadow grey metallic color. :)
That color matches perfectly. I had always wondered what the ZR2 wheels would look like in a single color. I thought about doing mine black or bronze, but they look like they have been through a war. Not sure I have more than a square inch of scratch/gouge/scrape free area left on any of the wheels. 👍

·
Registered
2016 Canyon V6 CCSB
25 Posts
I run 265/70/17s with a 2” lift and it only rubs on the drivers side when turning hard left. Great tires but the tread really wears down quickly in the beginning and supposedly very slowly in the end. I’m 25k on my set and wondering if I should buy new tires or wait another year. Great in the rain and off road but I don’t blast around in the mud pits. I want to try the michelin AT as that may give me a good balance of on road stopping performance and some more off-road capability.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts