Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have owned our 2017 Canyon Crew Cab LB Denali for almost 5 months now. I have to say I really like this truck. It replaces a 2005 Nissan Titan LE 4x4 which we purchased used with 70K miles and owned for about 7 years. It's primarily a tailgating, towing and hauling truck, which becomes my daily driver when the weather is bad, especially in snow. We typically put about 7-8K miles a year on our Titan, but only 5 months in we are already at 6K on this GMC, and with a few additional planned trips, it'll be tough to keep the mileage under 10K in the first year. I am thrilled with the nearly 25 mpg on the hwy compared the 15 I was lucky to get in the Titan. The ride and handling is terrific - very comfortable and much easier to park. Even though it's a bit smaller (narrower) it's the same length overall with long bed, which I really like. I can see living with this truck for many years.

Now to my questions. Is there a bed light which comes on when the tailgate is open? It seems to me I have seen a light back there but I have never seen it on. Am I missing something? Also, yesterday when started the truck, I noticed a brief 1-2 second loud rattle that went away quickly. As best I can recall, this is the first time I have heard this rattle. I search the forum and found only one other thread with something similar. Have others noticed this too?

I really appreciate this forum. It easily saved me $2-3K dollars on my Canyon purchase based in info in the Purchasing / Ordering sub-forum. I look forward to checking in periodically and contributing as I can.

·
Registered
9,051 Posts
If you have a bed light from the factory it comes on when you turn the cargo light on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you have a bed light from the factory it comes on when you turn the cargo light on.
Okay, thanks for the replies. I knew I could turn the bed light on from the dash. My Titan had a bed light which came on when I dropped the tailgate, like opening a car door and went off when the tailgate was closed. It sure made getting my hockey equipment out of the bed at night a lot easier.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
You can wire bed lighting to the cargo light switch or to a magnetic switch on the tailgate, or a button near the back.
1-2 second rattle on cold start is possibly from the timing chain tensioning system, the cam chain is 47 miles long. This is a fairly common noise and is considered normal by GM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.