Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Colorado ZR2
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone!
I bought a new 2022 ZR2 a couple of weeks ago an have really enjoyed the truck. I originally test drove a used one for my boy. He wanted a big truck but I really liked it. I traded my 2022 1500 High Country with a 6.2 for it!
The back story is I have had a 2019 Sierra dually, a 2021 Yukon Denali, a 2020 Raptor and a 2022 Ram TRX in the last two years. None of those trucks tripped my trigger.
I have a 2019 Sierra 1500 company truck an my wife has a Corvette. She drives what ever I have in the garage when she needs to haul something. She never has liked my big vehicles. As soon as I mentioned the ZR2 she was all over it. I was fortunate enough to buy the other vehicles worth the money and sell them for a good profit so the Zr2 just about paid for.
I like the truck for running around town and she does too. So far I have installed a 1" front level, tinted the windows, and installed a Trifecta tune. This weekend I will mount 285/70/17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on AEV wheels along with doing the AEV fender cutting mod. I have already had the front end aligned with about 3.5 caster.
I am looking forward to being part of the group.
Here is a picture when I brought it home.
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle

·
Registered
390 Posts
Welcome and great looking truck!

the AEV wheels are killer on these trucks, as far as the AEV trim kit, is it the 33 trim kit or the 35? I say this because running a 285/75 even with the trim kit and level is still going to rub a bit. My Canyon is on a 3" lift with 285/70s, i have trimmed the rear of the fender well back and they still rub the liner at lock. Im also at 3.5 degrees of caster

Just something to keep in mind, gonna look great though!

·
Registered
2022 Colorado ZR2
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks fellas, yep mine is the 33" trim kit. I will mount the wheels and tires on the truck this weekend and see what I have at that point. Ill probably do 4:10 gears next. I would like 4:56 but I don't want to hear any gear whine. It seems the people with the Nitro brand gears complain about the whining. I will get the Dana Spicer brand.

Reactions: BobJob42

·
Registered
390 Posts
Thanks fellas, yep mine is the 33" trim kit. I will mount the wheels and tires on the truck this weekend and see what I have at that point. Ill probably do 4:10 gears next. I would like 4:56 but I don't want to hear any gear whine. It seems the people with the Nitro brand gears complain about the whining. I will get the Dana Spicer brand.
Awesome, it should be minimal. Here’s a shot from the top down on where I rub, this is at full lock. You are gonna be about an inch taller than my 285/70’s

Tire Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber Road surface

·
Registered
2022 Colorado ZR2
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also have 1.25 wheel spacers so we will see how it works out

Reactions: BobJob42

·
Super Moderator
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
5,309 Posts
Welcome Aboard. Congrats on your 2022 ZR2

·
Registered
671 Posts
Where in Texas are you at?. Looking forward to reviews of gears install for whenever I do mine (in the Dallas area) .

·
Registered
2022 Colorado ZR2
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where in Texas are you at?. Looking forward to reviews of gears install for whenever I do mine (in the Dallas area) .
`I am located in Longview, a couple of hours east of you. I got the wheels and tires installed this weekend after doing the cutting and trimming for the AEV 33" trim kit. I have no rubbing on the pavement but I have not had a chance to flex the suspension yet. Sorry for the garage pics, I was to tired to move it out yesterday evening.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Reactions: gherbert

·
Premium Member
2018 Colorado LT Crew Cab 4x4 Summit White
169 Posts
Nice looking ride! (y)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts