Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey fellas,

im the new guy here. im thinking about buyin one of these trucks (if i sell my current ride). just had a few quick questions that im sure most anyone can answer thats had any experience with this model truck.

1) how big of a tire/wheel combo will fit (15 inch)?
2) how much front suspension travel?
3) will cranking the torsion bars "level" the front and still have a "decent" ride? (im fully aware that this is not good for the cv angles)
4) how much can they tow?
5) if you had it to do over again, would you still buy a colorado/canyon??
6) has anyone here came from a fullsize?
7) gas mileage. (realistic numbers please)
8) any problems with this style truck i should look for as a buyer??

i almost bought a colorado before i bought my current truck. a guy came to test drive my truck last night and ""says"' he is gonna buy it. im comming from a 2002 2500HD duramax/ zf 6 speed. more pics/info in the link in my sig.

"possibly" looking for an orange, loaded, reg cab, 4x4..any leads??

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
1. If you're going to a Z71, I think you can fit 31" tires on without rubbing.
2. No idea.
3. Yes.
4. Newer ones (07+, I believe) are rated to #5500 if I recall correctly, older ones (pre-07) were rated to #4000, but people on here have exceeded that to a great degree with no issues.
5. Yes.
6. I'm sure a few people have, but not me.
7. My '04 with the I5 and automatic has average over 21MPG for the life of the truck (107K+ miles now).
8. 04-05s have an extended warranty on the heads & valves due to some problems they had early, so check the repair history on a used one if you're looking at used.

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
myojunk said:
im lookin at used trucks. anywhere to find out more info about the extended warranty?
There's a couple threads on here, do a search for "GM Letter" and they should show up. The heads & valves were warrantied until 100K miles, as was the gas cap, because they had problems with those breaking as well.

[EDIT]
Here's a link to a thread with scans of the letters for the valves/heads.

I can't seem to find a scan of the one for the gas cap, but it was the same format, just referring to the gas cap instead...Any GM dealer should be able to print you off copies of both letters, I would imagine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts