Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new to this forum (fairly active on DuramaxForum) and my Colorado, but not new to diesels.

My DD before I bought the MiniMax was a 2007 LBZ Duramax (which I kept). I've done a decent amount of work to it and love it.

I love the way the MiniMax rides and drives, but I only have ~350miles on it so far. I pulled the air dam off of it today, curious to see how much my mileage will drop..

I'm hoping to learn a lot on here.

Thanks,
Brandon

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"Future" plans include 1.25" level kit and some 265/70s.

Engine wise, I'm wanting to keep it stock during the warranty, but we will see.. I was already looking at DT tunes for it.. although I think they sound great fully deleted..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,885 Posts
Hide your wallet.
Couldnt have said it better myself. :rofl

And indeed. WELCOME !!!

And as for you losing mileage....theres 2 things you have going for you.

1. You did it with only 350 miles on your truck so, you wont know one way or the other.
and 2..... dont believe the hype, your mileage will stay roughly the same with or without the snow plow up front.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Even if I lose some mileage, it's still going to get significantly better mileage than the LBZ. (Rocking about 18mpg highway..)

·
Registered
487 Posts
Even if I lose some mileage, it's still going to get significantly better mileage than the LBZ. (Rocking about 18mpg highway..)

You made the right decision. I threw on some slightly bigger DuraTracs, removed the plow, drive with a lead foot, and most of my driving has been up and down hills. I'm averaging 24.5mpg to date.

I had a lifted Subaru Crosstrek that got 22mpg, and a 6.0 Dually F350 that got, well I never bothered to really record that dismal number. Maybe 13mpg. Traded em both in, got more utility, more features, and still savings at the pump.

Welcome!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Welcome from another pretty active (well, until I sold it) duramaxforum member! Recall the name "bigroller"?

I too went to a z71 diesel from an lbz. I quickly moved onto a ZR2 lol. This forum is very helpful with any questions you may have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.