Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I recently inherited my dad's 07 Colorado. It's probably the lowest spec truck sold that year. W/T trim, single cab, 2.9L 5 speed manual, manual windows/locks, rubber floor mats, I think the only option it has is cruise control. My dad didn't take the best care of it (short of engine maintenance and occasionally washing the windows) but it still runs pretty good. I've been looking around to see if there are any common faults with the 2.9 I need to be aware of. It's got 180k miles, so it's there's anything I need to watch for, please let me know!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
4,339 Posts
Welcome Aboard. Nice White 1st Gen

Reactions: GTSDart340

·
Registered
'21 Canyon AT4, CCSB, leather, Bose, etc.
217 Posts
Welcome. Not a bad little truck. While you might not think it's a big deal, you're in AZ, so it doesn't have the rust and rot that it would have it were where I live! So, that's what makes it a great truck. Hope you're not melted by the time you read this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome. Not a bad little truck. While you might not think it's a big deal, you're in AZ, so it doesn't have the rust and rot that it would have it were where I live! So, that's what makes it a great truck. Hope you're not melted by the time you read this.
Yes, I hate rust! It's not rusty at all, but it's kinda banged up. As I stated, my dad didn't feel too bad if it got dented or scratched. The bed has taken the worst of it.

·
Registered
‘17 Colorado CCLB 2wd 2.8L Duramax Summit White
244 Posts
I had the same truck and trim level. Great truck for the most part. Only problems I had were the A/C blower motor only working on high speed (easily fixed by replacing the resistor pack, a ~$10 part) and that pesky pass lock system. All the research I did suggested that there’s no permanent solution, other than cutting a certain wire to disable it but I wasn’t comfortable doing that, so I never bothered to try and fix it. Just lived with it. It only happened a few times a year so it wasn’t that big of a headache but when it did, it was annoying to have to wait 10min for it to reset. I recommend you look up and become familiar with the pass lock reset cycle in case it ever happens to you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had the same truck and trim level. Great truck for the most part. Only problems I had were the A/C blower motor only working on high speed (easily fixed by replacing the resistor pack, a ~$10 part) and that pesky pass lock system. All the research I did suggested that there’s no permanent solution, other than cutting a certain wire to disable it but I wasn’t comfortable doing that, so I never bothered to try and fix it. Just lived with it. It only happened a few times a year so it wasn’t that big of a headache but when it did, it was annoying to have to wait 10min for it to reset. I recommend you look up and become familiar with the pass lock reset cycle in case it ever happens to you.
I think my dad actually already bypassed the passlock. The security light is on constantly and every once in a while I'll turn the key and nothing will happen. If I remove the key and try again it fires right up. I remember he used to have to wait the 10 mins, I think it frustrated him to the point he cut the wire.

·
Registered
‘17 Colorado CCLB 2wd 2.8L Duramax Summit White
244 Posts
Cool beans. Just be aware that if the battery ever dies or you disconnect the battery for whatever reason you’ll have to reconnect that wire to reset the system, then re-disable it again. Or so I’ve heard from the internet people who’ve done it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts