Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm buying at least 2 new rifles with my tax return.

I'm looking at buying a remington model 700 in the .308 caliber
and a SKS 7.62.

Wanted to get some opinions on the 2.

·
Registered
651 Posts
USAF...what exactly is an '06 Colorado Police Interceptor?

The 700 is a good gun, I am sure. However, if you are considering bolt action .308's, consider a Ruger M77 series. I love my M77 and for the money, they are hard to beat. For some reason, when you pull the Ruger up, it feels like it was made for you. JMO

The SKS is probably a good rifle, I've just never been a big fan of 'cheap' Soviet assault rifles.

If it were me, I'd save a little bit of money in buying the Ruger M77, and then purchase a Springfield M1A SOCOM or Scout Squad rifle in .308. Both the same caliber, one for sport the other for fun.

JMO

·
Registered
558 Posts
i had an sks a few years ago, i paid around $250 for a mint 1.
they are fun as hell to shoot and ammo is cheap, i think its the same as an ak47 tho im not sure.
they are gettin harder to find in good shape in my area tho.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
I love the 700 but am a die hard fan of the A-Bolt Brownings!!! I have 2 .243s and a 7mm Mag with a boss all in the same configuration!!! I love how accurate these things are!!! I shot a javilina in the forhead 1" to the right of dead center at 248yards with the 7mm!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
651 Posts
I'm sure the brownings are accurate too, but for the money, I still love Ruger. I hit a groundhog about an 1" above its heart at 230yds w/ my .223 M77. Oh yeah, forgot to mention the ammo I used was cheap reloaded softpoints I bought and the rifle was sighted in using fmj steel cased Wolf ammo.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
SwampFoxZ71 said:
I'm sure the brownings are accurate too, but for the money, I still love Ruger. I hit a groundhog about an 1" above its heart at 230yds w/ my .223 M77. Oh yeah, forgot to mention the ammo I used was cheap reloaded softpoints I bought and the rifle was sighted in using fmj steel cased Wolf ammo.
My dad has an M77 .270 that he LOVES TO DEATH!!! it also has a retro RedField scope on it!! the old school redfield too not the newer one!!

I say go for it 06!!!

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glace said:
:lol:

Buying guns is probably not the idea the Democrats had in mind when they agreed to the tax rebates.
The democrats can kiss my ass Its my hard earned money and I'll spend it how I please.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
blackmax06 said:
Glace said:

Buying guns is probably not the idea the Democrats had in mind when they agreed to the tax rebates.
The democrats can kiss my ass Its my hard earned money and I'll spend it how I please.
what could be more amarican than buying a high powered rifle and using it for what it was meant for :twisted:

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Glace said:

Now thats funny right there.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Glace said:

ROFLMAO...That is about the best thing I heard today, except for some of my 5 year old's ingenious ideas....

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
got my new (old) sks last night at the gun show.
just ordered new stock for it.

Does any body know anything about the tikka t3.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have two SKS and both are great. I even hunt with my SKS and have harvested some deer and bears with it. Great reliable bush gun.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Maybe an AR-15 in the .308? You could get quick detatchable mounts and have a red dot and a hunting scope to change out as you wish...

·
Registered
97 Posts
blackmax06 said:
Does any body know anything about the tikka t3.

I was really looking into them back before deer season... They looks really nice and are suppose to shoot a 1 inch group at 100 yards from the factory... For the money I thought that was extremely good... I also read tons of reviews about them and all seem positive.

The Tikka T3 will definately be the next rifle that I buy... and if you get one before I do tell me how you like it :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.