Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone!

My name is Matt. I currently reside in New York (Upstate).

I just purchase a pre-owned 2016 Chevy Colorado LT, but cannot figure out how to get Android Auto to work. I have tried multiple cables and both usb ports with my Samsung Galaxy S8+. That did not work, so I thought I'd upgrade to the Samsung Galaxy S10+, and give that a try. Nothing, yet again...

('Tin Roof Rusted Metallic' is the color.)

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Best Regards,
Matt

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi Matt, welcome and congrats on your truck! Some of the 2016 owners will chime in I'm sure, but it seems like that was the year you had to get the dealer to enable AA. Do you have the 8" infotainment screen?

2017 GMC Canyon Denali CCSB V6 4x4

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@OperaDude

Thanks. I love the truck so far. I upgraded from a 2004 Dodge Dakota. The frame finally rusted through on it.

I do have the 8'' screen.

Here's what my dash looks like:

Best Regards,
Matt

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
When AA is functioning, that 'Projection' icon will change to the double arrowhead of Android Auto. There is some phone setup. You've already downloaded the app on your phone?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Thunderbear,

When I plug in the phone, it prompts (on the phone) if I want to 'Allow' the connection. The phone's USB configuration is setup for 'File Transfer'. I hit 'Allow' and wait, but nothing happens.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@Thunderbear,

Also, a few things to note:

•>My Son's iPhone 10 XR works fine with the Apple Car Play.
•>I am able to play my music through the USB connection without issue.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I don't think File Transfer is the setting you want default. That's the wrong handshake for AA, at least for my Note it is. Is there a media option in that menu?

·
Registered
143 Posts
@dcarlisem yes that's definitely the right screen. I'm also guessing it's something with the settings on your phone. Samsung sometimes doesn't like to play nice with others. I'll check my wife's Note 8 tomorrow to see if there's anything odd. I have noticed sometimes clicking several times on the projection button can get the connection to pop up. I don't remember what the USB connection was called before I updated to Android 10, but it's probably worth trying the other options.

2017 GMC Canyon Denali CCSB V6 4x4

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
What will be interesting is if the tethering works as a hotspot. The 2016s didn't have a separate wifi radio to connect to networks other than the truck's hotspot. Try USB tethering then go to the MyLink settings and see if it will update via the tether.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
About this Discussion
42 Replies
9 Participants
ejkula
Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
ColoradoFans.com is the best forum for the Chevy Colorado community to discuss the truck’s reliability, diesel or transmissions problems and more.
Full Forum Listing