Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well .. you might have to travel to get one.

Pictures below of the "new" 2019 Chevrolet Tornado ( also known as Montana) available in Mexico and elsewhere.
Well .. . . anyway . . Made ya [email protected]@K . . :grin2:

In Mexico, Brazil and some other locations, There still are Chevy Compact trucks.
This Montana compact truck (Tornado in Mexico) would be great for running around. I could see kids hopping them up. They are more car based, but claim reasonable good tow/load capacity for their size.

Nice looking little truck . . and based on the Gamma (Sonic) platform. I'd be interested.

Cooler Down South: The Chevrolet Trucks of Brazil | The Daily Drive | Consumer Guide® The Daily Drive | Consumer Guide®

·
Registered
224 Posts
IMO, they missed their opportunity to make that a very handsome little truck. Awkward proportions, and what is that black thing ahead of the rear wheel? Please tell me it's not a fake vent.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
IMO, they missed their opportunity to make that a very handsome little truck. Awkward proportions, and what is that black thing ahead of the rear wheel? Please tell me it's not a fake vent.

Agree. . but you know, design "cues" for a foreign market. Maybe that "black thing" are louvered vents for cooling the rear disk brakes? lol

If they even made it for the American market the body could be made more attractive for sure. Still . . . something we don't have here and might sell if priced right especially as a little urban hauler. It might be a nice lower priced option than the (ugh) Ridgeline?

You can kind of tell it's Gamma platform (Sonic) based.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,567 Posts

·
Registered
10,698 Posts
A perfect first vehicle for a high school student: Only a 2 seater, so they are limited as to how many kids can get in trouble with them.

High schoolers are like a nuclear bomb. Once you reach a critical mass, they go BOOM! Keep it down to only two, much safer.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A perfect first vehicle for a high school student: Only a 2 seater, so they are limited as to how many kids can get in trouble with them.

High schoolers are like a nuclear bomb. Once you reach a critical mass, they go BOOM! Keep it down to only two, much safer.

Good point . . . However, my neighbor actually found a clean, used Chevrolet S-10 for his kid when he was a Junior in high school. Well, the kid played football and was already 6'-2" and about 240lbs. I got to give the kid credit. He drove it till shortly after graduation and traded it for a low mileage but older full sized Chevy extended cab truck. It fit him a lot better. ::chevy::

·
Registered
10,698 Posts
Good point . . . However, my neighbor actually found a clean, used Chevrolet S-10 for his kid when he was a Junior in high school. Well, the kid played football and was already 6'-2" and about 240lbs. I got to give the kid credit. He drove it till shortly after graduation and traded it for a low mileage but older full sized Chevy extended cab truck. It fit him a lot better. ::chevy::
I actually think and tried to steer daughter toward a Ford Ranger extended cab for our grandson's first vehicle. That or an S-10 would be a good match for a younger driver.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Ram has one about the same size in other countries also, they have hinted about bringing it here a couple times
It is called the Ram 700

·
Registered
892 Posts
I actually think and tried to steer daughter toward a Ford Ranger extended cab for our grandson's first vehicle. That or an S-10 would be a good match for a younger driver.
Steered my son into a Ford ranger during his high school years. Played Duke's of hazard with it during his lunch breaks until one day I got a phone call from the local constabulary telling me to come and get him as he was charged with stunt driving and the Ranger was recovered deeply entrenched in a ditch. Good thing there were no injuries to himself or passengers. It cost him a pretty penny! Some kids! :frown2:

Never did tell him I used to do same 40 years ago.......lol

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I like it but no diesel option available. Not for me!

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
The Sonic Brat....
Less modern countries go for functionality and $$ value vs. aesthetics/hot rod-ability

·
Registered
471 Posts
Well .. you might have to travel to get one.

Pictures below of the "new" 2019 Chevrolet Tornado ( also known as Montana) available in Mexico and elsewhere.
Well .. . . anyway . . Made ya [email protected]@K . . :grin2:

In Mexico, Brazil and some other locations, There still are Chevy Compact trucks.
This Montana compact truck (Tornado in Mexico) would be great for running around. I could see kids hopping them up. They are more car based, but claim reasonable good tow/load capacity for their size.

Nice looking little truck . . and based on the Gamma (Sonic) platform. I'd be interested.

Cooler Down South: The Chevrolet Trucks of Brazil | The Daily Drive | Consumer Guide® The Daily Drive | Consumer Guide®

Yup, sure looks a lot like the old late 70's/early 80's Subaru Brat to me.....just a little more modernized.

No thanks...

·
Registered
435 Posts
Steered my son into a Ford ranger during his high school years. Played Duke's of hazard with it during his lunch breaks until one day I got a phone call from the local constabulary telling me to come and get him as he was charged with stunt driving and the Ranger was recovered deeply entrenched in a ditch. Good thing there were no injuries to himself or passengers. It cost him a pretty penny! Some kids! :frown2:

Never did tell him I used to do same 40 years ago.......lol
LOL I did the same thing with my first truck. a long bed S-10 with the gutless wonder 2.8 400R4 trans.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I bought my 15 year old son a 1999 Ford Ranger Supercab earlier this year that we are fixing up. On the bright side, I bought it off my neighbor who was the original owner with only 94K miles for only $2500 dollars. The bad side of it being all original is just about every part is ORIGINAL.

It's on wheel skates now in the garage getting the dash pulled to put in a new heater core (why he stopped driving it and bought a new F150), and since we're in there, we're replacing all of the hoses, water pump, thermostat, leaky original radiator, etc. The dealer offered him $2500 for it, but he hated to see it go so now he gets to visit it a few houses down.

For a soon to be 16 year old, it's a perfect HS truck. Simple to repair, limited seating, and parts are plentiful and cheap from RockAuto!

Cheers,

Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
846 Posts
It is inevitable... just a matter of time. There will be small vehicles with open beds to satisfy the fairer sex now getting bored with their CUVs. It is all about fashion trends.

Of course these new trucklets will be very "cute" and have the obligatory flower vase on the dash.
Flower decals and pastel colors will also be available.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Ram has one about the same size in other countries also, they have hinted about bringing it here a couple times
It is called the Ram 700

This is actually do-able, but I'd have to fit slightly larger, lower offset wheels on it to bring the wheels out closer to the edges of those exaggerated fender flares. Wide flares and high-offset wheels are one of my pet peeves. Not a bad looking little rig.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts