Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,087 Posts
That's fantastic. If I'm rear-ended and not totalled, definitely going the Ute bed route like the AEV concert.

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
I think most of us are more interested in your flatbed than what you have to sell.

How does the weight of your setup compare to the original bed?

Have you weighed your truck to see how you are in relation to payload? Actually, I guess your "payload" changed with the removal of the old bed and installation of flatbed.

·
Registered
2019 Colorado Z71
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think most of us are more interested in your flatbed than what you have to sell.

How does the weight of your setup compare to the original bed?

Have you weighed your truck to see how you are in relation to payload? Actually, I guess your "payload" changed with the removal of the old bed and installation of flatbed.
I never weighed the new package... previously, fully loaded I was at about 5800 gvw. I'm guessing now I'm a bit lighter. my payload is pretty much the same.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Great setup ! Congratulations.

If your new setup weighs less than what you took off, then you gained useable payload. That would be a win-win.

Ever see the German or Australian flatbed ? They are neat, all 3 sides have a 6-8" bed side that unlatches and fold down to the outside, so a forklift is easily able to load and slide pallets on. I love that idea. But they need side storage below the flatbed.

·
Registered
2021 Chevy ZR2 ECLB, Blue-the best color
280 Posts
You can see in my profile what was....

Here's a pic of what is....

View attachment 428743

So, I have the original bed, tailgate, lights, etc that need a new home. any takers?

tempImageZzF0MH.jpg
am i missing the manufacturer? i like the look of that and have looked at a couple available in the states. i don't recall seeing that bed.

·
Registered
258 Posts
You can see in my profile what was....

Here's a pic of what is....
Any chance you would take some more pictures of the entire truck so we can get more of an idea of what it looks like at multiple angles?

I have been considering an aluminum flatbed myself.

- Preston

1 - 10 of 10 Posts