Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I Finally got a hold of John and purchased one of these. All I can say is WOW. The fit was just as good as factory. The gel coat looks great. I can’t believe no one else showed interest in this. Best looking hood out there for a Canyon. I need to wash my truck but here are some pics. I will add some more later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nice looking hood but that chrome trim kills it for me. I'm trying for less chrome
You can get the scoop in black it’s a factory part. I thought about the black. I don’t have the part number, but You can get it for about $100 on eBay

·
Registered
36 Posts
Damn I gotta start saving up for one of these. Not in to the carbon look, but a nice fiberglass painted to match.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
I Finally got a hold of John and purchased one of these. All I can say is WOW. The fit was just as good as factory. The gel coat looks great. I can’t believe no one else showed interest in this.
It does look nice, I just don't see it being that high on people's list of things to do. I might do it if I lived in an area where rock chips were more of an issue, or if the original was damaged in an accident I could see this being a replacement.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Maybe Im weird, but I want a carbon fiber hood, but not in the black like that. i want paint matched carbon fiber hood, to where you can still see the carbon weave, but match the red of my 'red rock' truck.....but not fiberglass

·
Registered
36 Posts
Maybe Im weird, but I want a carbon fiber hood, but not in the black like that. i want paint matched carbon fiber hood, to where you can still see the carbon weave, but match the red of my 'red rock' truck.....but not fiberglass
If you contact John he can pretty much do whatever you want. He has a really nice shop. You could do Kevlar!

·
Registered
36 Posts
It does look nice, I just don't see it being that high on people's list of things to do. I might do it if I lived in an area where rock chips were more of an issue, or if the original was damaged in an accident I could see this being a replacement.
My hood had sap damage from a tree, they wanted $600 to repaint it. I figured this was a better option.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts