Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Price???
Is it full carbon fiber? the inner structure carbon fiber as well?
Do you know if they make one for the Colorado? ZR2 to be specific?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just finished the molds and is the first hood. I can do them in fiberglass or carbon fiber and full carbon. Whatever is wanted. 1156.00 carbon fiber inner and outer
956.00 fiberglass inner and carbon fiber outer
750.00 fiberglass.
These require truck freight of $250.00

I’ll post a pic of the inner right after I post this. Have to take pics.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is the inner in carbon fiber. , uses full oem struts, latch installed. You can see the cut outs behind the scoop. It requires the 2500 oem hood scoop bezel. Here’s a pic of the truck too

Attachments

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
so where is this being shipped from?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I like how you did the air intake. Very nice.

Reactions: beemer66

·
Registered
809 Posts
To each there own. I'm probably one of the few that doesn't like the look of carbon fiber and design in it. My new 2019 Colorado 4x4 came with the fake carbon fiber trim. I could have done without it. But not going to spend money to change it.

Reactions: White016

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The idea was to create a hood that should have been on the truck from the factory. The flat hood design of the GMC Canyon 2.8l Denali does do it for me. So I sculpted the 2500 gmc durmax hood onto this one. I usually never run carbon fiber hoods as I like painted hoods. But I was trying to showcase the craftsmanship of the product. The fiberglass version can be painted. Hope you all enjoy.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I for one think this is quite a nice design and makes for a somewhat functional hood scoop. I've occasionally wondered if an insert could be fabricated to make the zr2 hood bulge more than just cosmetic while still using the existing hood. There's got to be a way to utilise that space with a different "insert" to collect more air and deliver it to the intake. Now if someone could produce something like that I'm sure that there would be a fair bit of interest.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Beautiful work! Bet it weighs very little compared to OEM.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
To each there own. I'm probably one of the few that doesn't like the look of carbon fiber and design in it. My new 2019 Colorado 4x4 came with the fake carbon fiber trim. I could have done without it. But not going to spend money to change it.
Ditto.

Beautiful work! Bet it weighs very little compared to OEM.
Probably--they're still steel, right?

I'd be more interested in how likely they are to be dinged by rocks.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
The idea was to create a hood that should have been on the truck from the factory. The flat hood design of the GMC Canyon 2.8l Denali does do it for me. So I sculpted the 2500 gmc durmax hood onto this one. I usually never run carbon fiber hoods as I like painted hoods. But I was trying to showcase the craftsmanship of the product. The fiberglass version can be painted. Hope you all enjoy.
Looks nice!!

Just Curious.. whats the weight difference?? OEM vs Carbon Fiber

·
Registered
65 Posts
Reactions: Goodspike
1 - 20 of 35 Posts